Cameron House on Loch Lomond
US$107
US$83
US$265
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,181 results
All reviewscameron houseboat housethe grillvalet parkinggreat scots barcarrick spabeautiful hotelloch lomondmartin wishartsteakboathouse restaurantclaret jugceltic warriorleisure facilitiesafternoon teafirst classinfinity pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Lovely Hotel, views spectacular, Spa disappointment due to unwavering staff time wise through no fault of our own (mini bus late in delivering us to Carrick location in time). Staff at Spa economical with truth re timing of our arrival. Breakfast staff very haphazard , had to ask for toast three times & veggie breakfast took 40 mins to arrive, after a second reminder. Boathouse meal excellent but unwavering chef re Cullen Skink and removal of mussels. Room was lovely but room for improvement in other areas. Could not get seat for ten in Scots Bar after dinner due to tables being reserved then never occupied. Not what I would expect from this level of Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms very good, spacious & well decorated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindamackay
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here in March for a belated anniversary trip. I have always wanted to visit this hotel and I was not disappointed. Loved every minute and had a fabulous trip. Room was smaller than I expected after reading reviews on it, we had opted for a larger room Chambre Unique Lock View, but not as good as expected, view was wonderful and it did not spoil the break and we will visit again.

One thing we were told that we would receive an email survey so that we could comment on our trip, but have never received this so have not been able to explain our views on the room.

Room Tip: I can't do this as I was disappointed with our room. But Lock view has to be the choice
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful House, beautiful location but ultimately Cameron House feels like a Las Vegas theme hotel.

The staff are friendly and helpful but that's the best of it.

It's well worn and our bathroom had mould and flaking paint. The food is very average and the whole place feels a bit dirty.

Probably won't be back.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank RodMaxwell
Reviewed 21 May 2014

we stayed here last month, a very late booking using a voucher that my son could not use before it expired, we upgraded to a loch view room which was excellently equipped with a fantastically comfortable bed, included in the deal was the use of the spa a mile or two along the road (you get taken in a mini bus) highlight of the spa is the rooftop hot tub with wonderful mountain views. A lovely pint in the boathouse before dinner in the main restaurant, breakfast was very good, a huge choice and most important freshly cooked. ( i have recently stayed in two other quality hotels, one is located in "the home of golf" and the other is about to host a large golf extravaganza, in both places the breakfast bacon, sausages etc were dried up and barely edible. all in all it was a pleasant stay which i would gladly repeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was in a party of 6 ladies on the spa break package. The spa was lovely but the 30 min treatments included in package were disappointing. The manicure and pedicure amounted to nothing more than a file and polish. The massages lasted less that 15mins.
We dined in the Cameron grill. When discussing the set menu with our server, he informed us that the sirloin steak was very thin and could only be cooked either medium rare or well done. One of our party asked if it was a minute steak and as a result chose to order the rib eye from the a la carte and pay extra. When the steak arrived for the other person in the party it was a sirloin but too undercooked for her personal taste and as a result it was only half eaten. However the desserts were fantastic and easily the best course of the menu!
We required 3 twin rooms but despite a phone call from the hotel to myself the day before to confirm this, when we arrived 2 of the beds were made up as doubles. There was no problem getting them changed.
Credit is due to the lady from the resort desk who helped me plan out the day over the telephone, she was 5star+ and to the men run ragged with the valet parking...excellent service
The reception staff were unexceptional but were at least quick to remove the mysterious service charges from my bill when challenged.
Overall we had a lovely experience in a truly magnificent building and setting but please look at improving your staff training and menu knowledge, after all you have a mandatory 10% service charge in the restaurant which is not always earned. Allow guests to judge for themselves and the great staff will be better rewarded and the not so great will improve.

Room Tip: Some Rooms are a long way from reception so I recommend you let them know if anyone has a mobility difficulty.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends