I stayed here with my wife and nine friends for two nights to celebrate a friends birthday.
We had a warm welcome and the reception was smooth; arriving at 3pm our rooms were ready straight away.
Initial impressions of the rooms was very good, the view across the lake being outstanding, the porter took the time to explain all the room features to us. The quality of furniture and bedding being very good. Tea and coffee with milk was available in the room, as was an iron and a safety deposit box. The carpets were very good quality being deep and soft. The bed very comfortable. As we unpacked we found the room lacked sufficient storage space. The bathroom fittings were not of the same good quality, the taps were loose and the bathplug did not work. The shower was great but shared a wet area with the toilet, which meant the floor around the toilet was always wet after a shower. To me it seems like the bathrooms are in need of refurbishment.
Where this hotel excels is the staff who are consistently polite, friendly and helpful. Nothing was ever too much trouble and staff went out of their way to help. I forgot the combination to the safety deposit box, that was fixed within 5 minutes. I went to guest services to get advice on talking a walk up a nearby mountain, they advised a walk up Beinn Eich via Glen Luss (which was perfectly suited to the time I advised that I had), advised where I would buy a map and they also arranged taxis.
The Scots bar was exceptional, very light and airy with a nice view with plenty of comfortable seating. Prices were a little high but quality was good, the cream tea that I had there was delicious with very nice large home made scones.
Breakfast was exceptional with no queuing for a table, plenty of choice of good quality food some freshly made to order. Rather than queuing for omelettes etc, orders were brought to your table, a menu detailed what was available. About the best hotel breakfast I have ever had.
Had a very nice meal in the Boathouse, food was a little expensive but portions unexpectedly large and again very good quality, service was very good.
The health club was very good with a children's and adults pool, a large water slide, steamroom, hot jacuzzi and sauna. We went on both Saturday and Sunday mornings and it was not crowded at all. There was a gym and a room for exercise classes that we did not use. We did not feel the need to use the Spa in the Carrick as facilities here were superb.
For our friends birthday, private dinning was arranged by the hotel with pre drink cocktails in the library. The food and service on this evening was truly exceptional, we had a waiter and waitress allocated for the evening who were exceptionally friendly and attentive, ensuring that we had a night to remember.
Overall I would say this is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in, it is let down a little by the lack of storage in the room and the bathrooms but nothing that would spoil your stay. The standard of service and ambience (without being stuffy) is where this hotel excels.
This hotel is very expensive and could never really be described as good value for money, nor I guess is it is intended to be. It is a hotel that we would visit again the future for a short stay on a special occasion, for that the hotel excels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Lastminute and Odigeo so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK