My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights during the Commonwealth Games. The Hotel is in a great setting at the side of the Loch and next to the sea plane launch. We had two rooms (we upgraded on the second night) and both were beautiful and spacious with all you would expect for a hotel of this type. The decor of the hotel has a great but subtle Scottish feel throughout. We used the bar for lunch and the service was a little slow and the staff were friendly enough not in tune with each other - we had to wait for the drinks (3 waters and a beer) and also the food took too long – it wasn't busy. Having said that the food was very good. The breakfast on both days was a similar affair to the bar, with the staff not paying attention to the tables – although the 2nd day was better – again, the food was very good and plenty of it on both days. The eggs Benedict was fab! We dined at the Martin Wishart restaurant on one night and it was fantastic, definitely worth booking (separate review). The general staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly and dressed beautifully in Scottish attire – I trust the bar and breakfast staff were just having off days.
We visited the Garrick Spa (2 miles via shuttle) which was also beautiful in a great setting next to a lake and golf hole, my wife was more than happy with her treatment, my 'sports massage' was poor and not deep enough (but that seams to be how they are at all spars). We also fitted in a tour of the Loch on our final morning which was very nice and great to see things from a different perspective. The information given by our guide was very interesting and her knowledge about the area was impressive. I would not hesitate to visit again as the general running of the hotel was fantastic and I'm sure the (very few) shortcoming were just a hiccup. Thanks guys
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK