This is in a beautiful location right on the edge of Loch Lomond and the views are stunning. The breakfast was great with lots of choice and the food you order off the menu was delicious. The pool and sauna/steam room are also nice (jacuzzi was out of order for the 3 days we were there).
However, that is where the good stuff stops unfortunately. After paying £200 a night and having to move rooms twice during the 2 night stay we were left let down. The first night we were staying in room 15. We were woken up at 3am and then 4am from stomping upstairs and then at 6:30am when the staff were preparing trollies to take to people having breakfasts in bed - they were just letting the door slam every 5/10 mins it was awful (the rooms have no sound proofing - even Travel Lodges guarantee your peaceful nights sleep). I asked to move rooms at reception the next morning and was moved with no problem.
This time we were in a room on the same corridor but at the end. This room was much smaller, had a broken light in the bathroom (light was hanging out the ceiling), paint peeling off the bathroom door and a horrible boarded up window. Not what you expect from £200/night. However, we just left our bags and got on with our day because we thought this was probably all they had left and we were grateful to be in a quiet room and actually get some sleep. When we returned after our day out we sat on the bed to have a cup of tea and one side of the bed was like a banana! The mattress was a complete slump and it would have been impossible to sleep on. Really awful. I had to call reception and ask for another room change. This time we were moved to another room which was fabulous but really this hassle should have been avoided.
You may wonder if we are fussy? - trust me we are not. We have backpacked around Europe staying in hostels etc, we just want a peaceful night sleep in a nice setting and normally stay in Premier Inns/Travel Lodge Hotels, the odd Mariott and special occasions Hilton. Seriously I have never had to be moved even once in a hotel before - let alone twice during one stay. It was actually embarassing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK