We stayed one night at Cameron House Hotel to "treat" ourselves to a bit of luxury. It's in a lovely setting by Loch Lomond and had nice grounds - including golf course(s).
The room allocated was on the ground floor and had a view of the shrubs outside. Since the decoration and furnishings were dark; there was little natural light (the shrubs blocked that) and the lighting was "subtle", we felt little inclination to stay in the room more than necessary. I appreciate that others no doubt had lovely views looking out on to the loch but this was not our experience. When we commented on the drab room at check-out the following day we were advised that the rooms were due to be remodelled, which may have happened since, but it was hoped this hadn't spoiled our stay!
The Marina Restaurant & Bar was a reasonable walk from the main building and looked a nice modern place to dine - quite informal, and possibly popular with the golfers after a round.
We dined at the Smollets Restaurant in the main building where the food was very good and the service friendly and attentive.
The leisure pool was fairly large and luckily when we visited it was nice and quiet and unlike previous reviews we found it perfectly clean - no complaints there. For fans of squash you'll be surprised to find that there were a few courts in the same building.
We were disappointed with the drab room and some of the public areas inside the hotel looked in need of brightening up. Breakfast was self-serve.
We have stayed in many better hotels which did not have the Cameron House 5 star rating. It's nice but not great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK