What a bizarre place - beautiful setting, staff who couldn't do enough for you yet the rooms and most parts of the hotel are not just shabby and outdated but filthy and rundown. There is a also a whole new modern part of the complex tacked on the side which has the leisure centre and sports bar in it. I imagine this is what budget family holiday-centre type facilities are like and was not at all what I was expecting in a luxury hotel when paying GBP240 per night.
The staff were friendly and eager to help and when we complained about our room (stained walls, rubbish from other guests under the bed, stinking of smoke even in the bathroom although non-smoking, light fitting from single light hanging out of the ceiling, small bed and seriously shabby furniture - you didn't dare sit down) they took swift and decisive action which went some way to remedying matters. This after our room was not ready for check in when we arrived at 6.30pm!
The hotel is undergoing a lot of renovation and although not especially intrusive meant the business centre was not open for example and no facilites have been made available for internet use if you have not brought your own laptop. However the parts which have been done (cocktail lounge and smart restaurant )were very nice indeed.
It might be very nice once the work is done in a few years time but for now go elsewhere, we're talking not basic its much worse and value for money is below zero. Stay at beautiful Hotel du Vin in Glasgow and travel out of the city to see the Loch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK