All reviews loch lomond steak pie window table lovely lunch prawns hotel restaurant stunning views food was lovely afternoon tea tanks cawley scotland gemma decking surroundings luss wee
Reviewed 5 November 2017

If a good night's sleep is what you're after you'll be disappointed. The rooms are very small, but the beds are terrible, they are like bricks, you'd be better on the floor. See photo, They have this hard, PLASTIC under blanket on the bed. I can't really describe it other than to say it's a mixture between a sheet of plastic glass and cardboard. I eventually took it off,
Can you imagine how breathable it is? It's NOT. But even with it removed I hardly slept a wink.
The rest of the place is actually very good. The restaurant food is very good quality and not expensive. There's free parking, but I won't book again til they buy decent beds

Room Tip: They all have the same beds :(
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank BCraigD
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I was very lucky to be invited to dinner with my friend who's daughter and her husband and small son were visiting from the South of England.

Having read the reviews I thought I would go with an open mind. I knew the company would be great at least.

I have to say from when we were greeted to the second we left none of the staff could have done enough for us.
They were all very polite, professional and personable. They were also knowledgeable about the food as I have a cinnamon allergy and when deciding which desert to have the waiter was able to tell me what did and didn't have mixed spices - Bravo!

All 4 adults had different choices and every one of us was extremely happy with our food choice and have to say that the portion sizes had us beaten! We were so full!

When sitting contemplating desert I was thrilled but shocked that (unknown to me) the waiter brought in a birthday cake for me with candle lit. My friends had provided it and told them when to bring it out. I'm usually very observant but we'll done for getting this past me .... The waiter was great!!! He even offered to play happy birthday through the P.A.

The cocktails were just a perfect end to a fabulous night of great food, fantastic service but incredible company.

I hadn't eaten in Duck Bay for many years and have to say ...... Cawley family .... Excellent! You have this in the bag!!

A*

Carolann & Harriet from Helensburgh on another of their adventures x

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017

The service was poor & the staff not very helpful or friendly. Had to ask several times to order wine & wrong bottle was brought & opened before checking. Table wasn't cleared of empty glasses. Food was lovely but the attitude of our waiter did put a bit of a damper on the night.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last night 10th jan on the fantastic social media deal and wow we was blown away with our suite with beautiful full views of loch lomond,our dinner and breakfast was plentiful and delicious and not to forget the staff were very friendly,courteous and prompt ... defo will be back soon thank you duckbay :)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Arrived at dusk so couldn't appreciate view which was beautiful we were assured! Great choice on the menu, service was good, although perhaps a little pricier than expected! Couldn't really fault it! We would definately return next time we are in Scotland!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family