“Recently there for family occassion”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alexandria
Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde
Ranked #2 of 7 Alexandria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As soon as you step into the grounds of Ross Priory it feels as if you have found a little bit of heaven. Set in stunning grounds with a view across Loch Lomond it is a treat indeed. I recently went there to celebrate a special lunch with family and I was not disappointed. The meal was to die for and I didn't really want the whole experience to end. If travelling that way, I would recommend a visit.

Room Tip: Didn't stay so cant comment
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank madsans
Ross_Priory, Guest Relations Manager at Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We pride ourselves in the quality of our food, so it's always nice to hear about the enjoyment of dining at Ross Priory. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Ross Priory is an attractive building in a stunning location however as a B&B it doesn't do so well on customer service. On arrival I couldn't find a reception area so I went looking for someone to help me. The person I found went and got me a key but we weren't shown to our room or given any information on where breakfast would be served or where we could get some dinner. We eventually found our room which was small but comfortable and quite adequate for our needs. The bathroom was a reasonable size and very clean and modern. The building has a lovely garden at the back which is definitely worth a stroll around. The cooked breakfast was very good, but there was only a limited range of cereals (in little packets) and the staff were not very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ross_Priory, Guest Relations Manager at Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your review. It was lovely to receive your encouraging comments on Ross Priory's gardens and bedrooms. However, I am sorry you did not receive the best welcome. As a result of your feedback, the Manager will address any staff and training issues.
If you would like to contact me to discuss your stay at Ross Priory, please do so and I will be happy to chat about it further with you.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Another 1st class meal at Ross Priory. Delicious food and lovely helpful staff. The hotel and grounds are looking gorgeous. The internal refurbishments do the hotel proud and the ground staff are doing a grand job.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ross_Priory, Guest Relations Manager at Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Your kind words are very much appreciated. It is always nice to hear from returning visitors, and glad you enjoyed the new refurbishments.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a wonderful over night stay at Ross Priory. The room was very clean and comfortable with an en suite including an amazing shower. There is a good choice for breakfast: mine was a 'Full Scottish ' certainly not for the faint hearted but delicious. Ross Priory is a beautiful building on the edge of Loch Lomond with amazing views, an ideal venue for weddings etc. We look forward to staying there again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lindenvet
Ross_Priory, Guest Relations Manager at Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Many thanks for your lovely review. My colleagues and I are thrilled with your comments. The en suite bathrooms and water system have recently been upgraded, so especially happy to hear of the successful results!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at the main house with some friends last September and fell in love with the place. So I booked the cottage for my family. We stayed at the cottage the week after Easter and had a really wonderful time. The cottage is very clean and all the amenities you need. The oustide does not do it justice.
The vews across the loch are breathtaking and the space was wonderful for the children to play freely. There is a lovely garden where you can lose your self in a book or birdwatching.
The food at the main house when you don't feel like cooking is wonderful and fresh.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
We really enjoyed it would will definitley be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ross_Priory, Guest Relations Manager at Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this glowing review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Lochside Cottage at Ross Priory. It really is a hidden treasure, as you say. I hope you'll come back again sometime soon, whether it's to the cottage or the main house with your friends, we're always happy to welcome return visitors.
Kind regards
Lesley

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Unlike my earlier review, this stay wasnt quite as memorable. I didnt get married this time around!!! However, we both had truly memorable weekend. As ever, we were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the very friendly staff.
The food was exceptional as we have come to expect. Its such a shame that Eleanor cant be put in charge of the Loch Lomond weather.

Thanks to all. See you soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigvern83
Ross_Priory, Guest Relations Manager at Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your return visit. Thanks for the glowing review. We aim to please and we're happy that it all lived up to your expectations, even if we couldn't lay on anything quite as splendid as a wedding this time. I wish there were a training course we could send staff on to arrange the weather, how great would that be? I hope we'll see you back again soon, even if we can't guarantee the weather...
Lesley Brownlee

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a gorgeous old mansion right on the shore of Loch Lomand. The place is so quaint and the food was wonderful. The views of Loch Lomand and the Scottish snowcapped mountains were amazing. There is more to Ross Priory than a beautiful place for a wedding. This is a place to forget your email, shut off your mobile, and relax.

The room was tiny. My bed was tiny. My bathroom was tiny. And yet, it was all that I needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank FlightSurgeon66
Ross_Priory, Guest Relations Manager at Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on creating the perfect atmosphere whatever the occasion While it is the perfect place to switch off, don't forget we have complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the house should you wish to check how the rest of the world is getting on. We hope we'll see you and your friends back at Ross Priory in the future.
Lesley Brownlee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to Ross Priory, University of Strathclyde? Share your experiences!