We have just come back from a 2 week all inclusive holiday at the Alborada Hotel as a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids aged 14 and 11.
The hotel itself - There is no doubt about it, it does look just like a car park from the outside and the surrounding area is not at all pretty but once you are inside it is absolutely fine and like any other hotel. It is a massive hotel with over 750 rooms and it does need a bit of TLC and a lick of paint but the main thing for me was that it is spotlessly clean everywhere.
The staff - absolutely superb. All the staff are very friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble. When we arrived we were directed straight to the restaurant as we were still in time for dinner. We were then told how to find our room which was at the back of the hotel on the 4th floor. On entering the 4th floor from the lift it was in complete darkness but as soon as we told the reception staff this was fixed immediately. I cannot praise the staff enough, they work very hard and are extremely helpful and friendly.
The rooms - they are pretty spacious even for a family of 4! There is a main lounge area with a double sofa bed, double bedroom with 2 single beds, bathroom and kitchenette including a fridge. There is a safe that you have to pay extra for but for the added peace of mind was worth it for us. The balcony is a fair size with a couple of chairs and a table and also there is a handy clothes airer attached to the wall.
The view from our balcony was pretty rubbish as it was overlooking the main road however this wasn't too much of an issue as we didn't spend that much time in the room!
The food - lots of people on here have moaned about the food and for the life of me I cannot understand why. Every day there were beautiful, very fresh salads, pasta or rice salads, a choice of meat or fish, almost always there were chips, lots of fresh bread. Yes it can be a bit "samey" if you have a bit of everything every day but if you eat a meal like you would at home for example fish, salad and chips one day, meat potatoes and vegetables the next etc then surely you won't feel like you're eating the same every day!
In the restaurant you can help yourself to red, white or rose wine, beer, fruit juice, tea and coffee.
The bar - the staff in the bar are fantastic, they work very hard and are friendly especially if you make an effort with them. If you are rude then dont expect brilliant smiles back!! Manners cost nothing and unfortunately too many people cannot even cope with please or thank you.
Yes sometimes there is a long queue at the bar but the staff work fast and efficiently so there is no need to moan after all when do you ever go to a busy bar at home and get served within seconds.
Overall we had a fantastic time at the Alborada and yes I would return if only for the amazing pool! As many gave said, if you want 5 star then pay 5 star prices but the chances are that if you are stopping here then you, like us, are on a budget and you are at a 3 star hotel, but as far as I am concerned it's a fantastic 3 star and I enjoyed every second of it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alborada Beach Club offers spacious apartment accommodation and is located 50 meters from the fishing village of Las Galletas in Costa del Silencio and within a few miles of the vibrant Playa de las Americas resort (the local bus stop and taxi rank are just 50m from the hotel). Adjacent to the hotel is a small beach (with direct access from the hotel). The apartment units are set amongst beautiful sub-tropical gardens, which offer easy access to the complex's facilities. The nearest town, Las Galletas, is just 50 meters from the aparthotel, and has a good variety of shops, restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and budgets. The apartments are just 20 minutes from the airport, which means you can be off the plane and on the beach in no time. This complex comprises of 285 fully equipped apartments, offering great views of either the gardens, pool, or the Atlantic Ocean. Staying at the Alborada Beach Club guarantees a fun time for all with plenty of activities on-site as well as the beach just a short walk away. The focal point for fun and activities is centred on the beautiful saltwater swimming pool (with a surface of over 3,800m2) and separate children's splash pool, both set amidst spacious sun terraces with plentiful loungers and parasols. A poolside bar is on hand, serving you with drinks and refreshments from 10am until 11pm. If you're after a more active holiday, then why not join in with the daily program of activities, including water polo, aerobics classes and rifle shooting, kayak, etc, whilst those wanting a taste of adventure can take part in the diving lessons. Children will also love their holiday at the Alborada Beach Club where a playground and an on-site Mini Club provide them with daily activities and games to enjoy. Evening entertainment includes a mini disco for the youngsters, followed by live music, cabaret or other professional shows suitable for all the family. Whilst providing fantastic self-catering accommodation, the hotel also boasts a beautiful buffet-style dining room with panoramic sea views, where guests can delight in a range of international and local dishes , all prepared freshly for breakfast, lunch and dinner (with one themed evening meal per week). There is also free Wi-Fi connectivity free of charge in the bar area for guests to stay up-to-date with the latest news. (Wifi is also available in the apartments at an additional charge). All of the spacious apartments have a lounge area with a sofa bed which sleeps up to 1 adult+ 1child, satellite TV, a full bathroom and a kitchen with a two ring hob, microwave, fridge and basic kitchen utensils and crockery. All inclusive includes Buffet style breakfast from 7am until 10am, buffet style lunch from 1:15pm until 3pm, cold snacks from 4:30pm until 5:30pm and evening meal (including two themed dinners per week) from 7pm until 9:30pm. Unlimited soft and alcoholic drinks from 10am until 11pm from the pool bar (and also during meal times in the restaurant). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alborada Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ten Bel Alborada Hotel Las Galletas
- 10 Bel Alborada
- Ten Bel Alborada Las Galletas
- Alborada Beach Club Tenerife/Las Galletas