“Business type hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Monza e Brianza Palace
Salt Lake City, United States
“Business type hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed only one night as a stopover for a wedding trip. The hotel and the rooms were very clean and modern. It's not really close to much for walking but for the price, we were very satisfied with the hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Francesca B, Responsabile Commerciale at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Monza e Brianza Palace, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear AJ,

thank you very much for your great review.
We are very glad that even if you stayed just for one night you spent a comfortable and a wonderful stay with us.

We inform you that in all our rooms there is a map and a path suggested in order to have a walk or to have a run behind and around our hotel. We hope that next time you come to visit us you could take advantage of it.

Thanking you again we hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards
Sales Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Madrid
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I have been in this hotel often. The Hotel is OK, but the Wifi is awful. It does not work. They cheat when they say they have one. I prefer to pay to get high speed than getting what they offer, but they do not offer tje option to upgrade. I complaint to the management since I come often but I got only a "thanks for the feedback" reply. Really bad if you go for business and think you can work in the room

Stayed July 2014
Francesca B, Responsabile Commerciale at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Monza e Brianza Palace, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Cesar_Cid,

let me start by thanking you to share your review with the community.
We are very happy you enjoyed our hotel, but we are equally sorry for your bad experience with our wifi.
Unfortunately, we know that when the hotel is full and there are many guests connected the wifi is slow; this is one of the reasons which ultimately we deliver access for only 24 hours so that the connections of the guests checked out do not remain active.
Soon we will implement the access and network capacity with a new band, but unfortunately the town of Cinisello Balsamo does not provide the fiber optic in our area, so even with the best equipment we are limited because of our town, but obviously the implementation will bring improvements on the connection.

We hope to welcome you back in order to try our new connection there will be during September.

Thanks a lot

Warwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel! It is a very new hotel and very well maintained. The room was large, clean and modern. Breakfast is a generous buffet and included in the rate. After a day of sightseeing, it was the perfect room to come back to. It is the perfect hotel if you are in the Monza area for business.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Francesca B, Responsabile Commerciale at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Monza e Brianza Palace, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear LoriLLS,
thank you so much for your review, we are very grateful about your votes and your comments.
We really appreciated that you've spent a great stay with us and that you like the comfort of our rooms and our buffet breakfast.
We thank you also to have underlined our value for money.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!!
Chillenden, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The only thing really wrong with this hotel is where it is in an industrial/residential suburb of Milan at the intersection of two main roads. Nothing is accessible by foot pleasantly, even a shopping mall within a stones throw of the hotel you can't get to without a long diversion or a taxi. The hotel itself was fine, staff helpful, modern, clean rooms. Bar/restaurant lacked atmosphere. Overall this place felt like a motorway services, perfectly functional though not enjoyable in any way.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Francesca B, Responsabile Commerciale at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Monza e Brianza Palace, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear NewburyMi,
Thank you for having reviewed our structure and to have recognized the beauty and cleanliness of our rooms and the helpfulness of our staff.
We are very sorry instead that you didn't like the atmosphere of our restaurant and the hotel location.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Travelling often to Milano for business, I was always disappointed by hotels. Expensive, bad quality, bad service… This one was an amazing surprise !

Easily accessible from the highway, quite close from Malpensa airport and with free parking, it makes things really easier than having to park and drive anywhere in Milano. However, it is situated in some commercial area so there are not many cool restaurants around apart if you are willing to drive a little.

My room was very spacious, super clean, with a modern decoration (some Best Westerns tend to be really old fashion), a bathtub and with a very comfortable bed.
I was given a "lady room" which included some amenities like a better hair dryer and a boiler and tea and that was much appreciated :).

The fitness and spa are great with good amenities, space and light (fitness rooms are often quite small and dark, in the basements). The hot tub is quite big and very strong. There are also a nice sauna and turkish bath.

Hotel restaurant is quite expensive (about 20€ for a main dish) but food is good. Service is perfect.
Breakfast was very complete and of good quality.

Hotel staff are really nice and helpful.

I will definitely come back here for my next trips !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Francesca B, Responsabile Commerciale at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Monza e Brianza Palace, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Laurane D,

thank you very much for your wonderful comments towards our structure. We are very glad that you've spent a great stay with us and we really appreciate that you wanted to share your experience with the other people of Tripadvisor Community, that's what fills us with more satisfaction.
We thank you to have underlighted us which are the services that you liked most and that you enjoyed our "Lady Room" as well as our services and our restaurant.
We are very happy that you will come back to us during your travels in Milan and we will be glad to welcome you back!!
Napa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was my second trip to Monza this year for business. I travel frequently and stay at many hotels (think George Clooney's character in "Up In The Air"). Although this is not a 5 star hotel, nobody seemed to tell the employees at this hotel that. Each and every person that I dealt with was very courteous and professional. This stay was for 20 days and I was accompanied by my wife.

The Good
The Wellness center at this hotel is magnificent. There is a great steam bath, sauna and whirlpool tub along with a great relaxation area and fitness room. The downside is that during slow periods of the day, they turn off the facilities and you have to go up and ask the front desk to turn them on. Not a big deal just inconvenient at times.

The hotel itself was very clean (I think Augusto reminded me of the little cleaning robot in the Disney movie Wall-e...always cleaning/working non-stop all day). The rooms were cleaned well each day.

The Great
The restaurant at the hotel is just awesome. Starting with Chef Marco (who seems to live at the hotel from before the sun comes up until long after it goes down) and his wonderful culinary dishes that change daily to the staff. Luigi and Francesca are the kind of wait staff that if I ever opened a fine dining establishment I would model my staff after. During our evening meals, there was hardly a time where if our water or wine glasses were empty, they were there to refill them. The second our plates were clean, they were there to remove them. They did this without "hovering" as well which can be not pleasant. It was almost as if they would appear out of thin air, take care of you and then poof gone again. They food was always wonderful. My only complaint here is that I probably gained 10 lbs from the wonderful food. Keep up the great work and the friendly and wonderful service.

Growth Area
Ok that was the good and great...now for the only bad thing about this hotel. The wi-fi set up is just bad. For starters, they give you a code that is good for 12 hours of internet at a time (to be used within 3 days). Unfortunately, every time you let your smart phone or other device go to sleep, it logs you out. Then you need to log back in (minor inconvenience). As I mentioned, I was staying at the hotel for 20 days (and with my wife). I think between our 2 phones, ipad and laptop we had to go to the front desk 15 times during the trip to get new wifi codes. Most hotels that are trying to keep neighbors from using the wifi simply change the code weekly or monthly.

All in all I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. It will be even better when all of the road construction nearby is complete but I think that is years away from happening based on what I have heard.

Taxi tip:For non-Italian speaking guests, if taking a taxi from Milan back to the hotel, tell the driver you want to go to the Auchan Mall in Cinisello Balsamo (next door to the hotel) instead of to the Best Western Hotel Monza e Brianza and then point out your hotel when you get near. This will save you a lot of time, frustration and money.

Quietness: good, hardly ever heard a neighbor
Elevators: Only one but never really had to wait long
Bed: OK, typical for Europe
Pillows: OK, some days the housekeeper would leave 4 other days 3?
Appearance: Very modern designs, clean and very classy
Front Desk: Very good
Parking, Free but can get crowded.

Lastly, the hotel itself is not close by the Metro station so if you plan on using public transportation, expect to take a bus or taxi ride to the metro during the winter when weather is an issue. I never walked to the Metro so I am not sure if that is very convenient or not. I think it is about 4 KM away by car but with all of the construction, walking may end up being quite a bit more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SurinameCandS
Francesca B, Responsabile Commerciale at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Monza e Brianza Palace, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear SurinameCandS,
I would like to thank you for all the words you've spent about our hotel. As I have explained you and discussed with you during our interview we appreciate all your comments and your suggestion, which will be certainly taken into account to improve the stay of all our Guests in the future.
We hope to welcome you back soon and meanwhile if you want to stay in contact with us we invite you to join us in our social network Facebook.
Best regards
Hilversum, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I went back to this hotel after a few months on business trip to Monza. In my previous review I mentioned that this Hotel was great, I once again am happy to report that this hotel is aspiring to even greater heights. Check in was under 1 minute, they knew me from my previous stay, had all my data, was able to access that, and was ready for my check in, impressive to say the least. Not a single thing to fault in this hotel, everything is clean, working and in its place. Luigi and Fransesca at the dining room is extremely friendly, helpfull, and deliver excellent service. Mr Roberto, you and your staff is doing a great job in delivering excellence. Happy to report that the roadworks from my previous visit has been completed, and the hotel front entrance looks very nice now. This is a very nice Business Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms in this hotel should be good, as the hotel design is such that the corridors are quit, the...