“Welcomed like a friend”
Review of Hotel Roma

Hotel Roma
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cittadella
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband planned a wonderful trip on the tail end of a business trip for him. I was to meet him in Cittadella - at Hotel Roma. Initially the plan was for me to navigate the train system - but realizing I only had a few days in Italy - I asked the kind folks at Hotel Roma if they could arrange a car to pick me up...which they easily did.
Hotel Roma was bright, cheerful and cozy. Luciana, the proprietress took really good care of me...knowing I was on my own for the day - she advised that I should walk the walled city. She then offered for me to tag along on some errands she had to do and also take me to Castlefranco. What a treat. It was like a girls afternoon of a bit of mundane shopping - but I was in Italy - seeing how the Italians shop!...and Castlefranco, another historic city had a festival going on - so we walked the streets. Perfect.
The hotel was exactly what is needed - as was breakfast. Highly encourage you to stay there and enjoy Cittadella.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed 2 days, could have stayed more. The host/ owner is very friendly and helped with some great suggestions for places to go. She organised bikes for us that was really fantastic way to see the town and the countryside. Went to Asolo on the bikes and had a perfect day getting a little lost in the Italian country side.

Cittadella totally surprised us with what a lively town it is.

Room Tip: The host mentioned she was renovating. Our room was great, we did not see any other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Clean and recently refurbished rooms all equipped with wifi. A 3 stars hotel much better than the Italian average. Highly recommended, it is the only one within the historical walls. Friendly staff willing to advice on events, local restaurants and exhibition.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed here for a single night while on a business trip. I booked the hotel on the basis of reviews on Trip Advisor; I normally take the reviews on here with a pinch of salt as they are very subjective. However, this hotel is truly wonderful and I would highly recommend it. It's about an hour and 20 minutes drive from Venice. The hotel is very comfortable, homely and impeccably clean. In fact, I intend to visit again next year for a short break with my wife. Plenty of shopping and places to eat nearby. One minor complaint is that parking is on the main street outside the town walls however, that is not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay. Luciana and her staff look after you so well. Breakfast is superb and her coffee Americano is the best in Italy. A must if you're coming to Cittadella. The hotel is also located within the city walls and offers secure parking if you have a car.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Wow...What a find the Hotel Roma is. This is the third time we have stayed here on route to the beautifull city of Venice some 30 minutes away ready for our 25 hour ferry trip to Corfu where we work the summer season. The Hotel and the walled city of Cittadella never lets us down. This is Italy as you would expect it, from the very small coffee shops and bars, full
of very excitable Italians talking and laughing, to the one or two very beautifull restuarants serving great food at very good prices. The Hotel is fantastic, we stayed in Room No 9 with a Queen Size Bed, Spotless Clean White Linen Sheets and a Shower room you could die for,large white towells and very, very clean. The staff and owners are
so helpfull and the breakfast served a sma ll dining room just of off the reception is very good, plenty of true Italian Coffee!! Yes as you realise we love it here and look forward to returning next year.........Thank You

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suziesacha
Reviewed 13 October 2010

If you are looking for a small B&B located in the heart of Cittadella, this is the place to stay! We had a wonderful time, it was clean, comfortable, and our host was wonderful! she was accomodating and always had a smile for us!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends