We have just arrived back from a week all inclusive at the Vila Gale it is a lovely hotel with a fabulous swimming pool area and nice bedrooms with sea views.
However there is nothing at all in this resort nothing not a tacky junk shop insight Infact no shops in sight!!! The prom walk is literally 5 mins one way and 2 mins the other
The super market doesn't even sell crisps!!!
There is no entertainment either so my 2 yr old was bored beyond belief - not even any music on the stereo!! The bird show last ten minutes, there was local dancing on our second night which lasted about 30 mins and last night there was a group on that were more interested in watching the football!!
I was so lucky that there was another little girl staying at the hotel because with no entertainment at all I would have been stuck with a very bored 2 yr old.
Next to the hotel was a life saving park!!!!
The planes aren't an issue at all probably ten each day tops and none at night
The food is of very good quality but there is just not enough choice and it is boring. But the drinks are lovely and the staff are generally very good.
We took the free bus to Funchal one day which was good but you need to bare in mind hat the cable car is 10 euro each one way or 15 euro run. The street sledge s great but cost 15 euro each and then it drops you in the middle of no where so you need to take a taxi for 20 euro back to the prom!!!!! So it cost 70 euro for our jaunt without even a drink!!
If you actually want to do nothing - nothing at all then this is a great place. Also this would be a great place if you hired a car and wanted a base but we would not return here due to the lack of entertainment and poor food selection.
It would be good for a conference I am sure as that whole wing looked amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beach hotel in Santa Cruz (Madeira) is situated directly beside the sea. Funchal is just 15 minutes away, while Funchal airport is only 5 minutes from the hotel. The promenade and the aqua park are also nearby. There are also stony and pebble beaches in the area. The hotel, which was built in 2006, has a total of 262 room on 4 floors, where we feature 4 junior suites suitable for families. The hotel offers a fully air-conditioned environment with spacious lobby, lifts, 24-hour reception, hotel safe, three bars, two restaurants and parking facilities. It has congress centre (890 m²), room and laundry services, as well as a kids club and games room. All rooms with en suite bathroom, balcony, air conditioning, individually adjustable central heating, direct dial phone, clock, satellite TV, CD / DVD player, radio, safe deposit box, hair-dryer, fax / modem connection, minibar, electronic security lock and 24 hour-room service. It offers an outdoor swimming pool for adults and children, indoor swimming pool (for a fee) and spa facilities with Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room / Turkish bath, Vichy room, a gym, studio for classes, 4 massage and treatments rooms, physician's office. The nearest golf course is only 10 minutes away and the hotel provides a golf desk and clubs closet. A breakfast buffet is served each morning. Lunch and dinner may be eaten from a buffet or a la carte. The following are all accepted as methods of payment: American Express, MasterCard and VISA. There is a transfer service to Funchal available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Vila Gale Santa Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Santa Cruz Hotel Santa Cruz
- Vila Gale Hotel Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Vila Gale
- Vila Gale Madeira
- Vila Gale Santa Cruz Madeira