Talbot Hotel Stillorgan
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
US$202
TripAdvisor
US$202
US$188
Travelocity
Royal Marine Hotel(Dun Laoghaire)
US$191
US$186
Agoda.com
US$177
US$172
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$148
Haddington House(Dun Laoghaire)
TripAdvisor
1,724 results
All reviewsbrass barcity centrenice hotelbar fooddublin bayfamily roomdun laoghaireone night stayfollowing morningwould stay againbus stoplovely roomwould highly recommend this hoteldouble bedpurple sage restaurantucdrte
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The staff here are naturally charming and helpful. From reception to cleaning to bar staff, they were so nice. The location is great because it's on a main road into Dublin city and the buses go past all the time (a huge carpark is available without charge, there are taxis at the door). When I asked for fruit salad dessert in the bar (it wasn't one of the things on the menu), two large, beautiful, fresh fruit salads arrived - the waiter even said there would be a slight delay because it was being done specially! That's just an indication of how welcoming this hotel is. I'd recommend it widely and enthusiastically. It's not a luxury hotel but it's a very comfortable one and the staff are the plus plus plus factor.

Room Tip: Double glazing keeps out ordinary traffic noises but to muffle firebrigade and ambulance sirens, ask for a room right at the back
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SPHDublin, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Stillorgan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the Stillorgan Park Hotel last week while visiting my daughter, who is a student at UCD (University College Dublin). It is a beautiful, cozy, clean, and comfortable hotel. It is located just down the street from UCD, and a short bus ride away from Dublin city center (without the standard over-inflated Dublin city hotel price tag!).

I would have given this hotel 5 stars; however, I did have one issue, albeit a minor one. One night during my stay, my daughter & I decided to have a few bottles of Diet Coke sent up to our room. The bar & restaurants in the hotel were closed, so it was our only option to have them sent up. In addition to the price of the two bottles of Diet Coke (3 euros each, and not even full-size bottles), the hotel charged a 5 euro "delivery fee". So two (very small) bottles of Diet Coke ended up costing me 11 euros (that's over $15 USD) - outrageous & overpriced, I believe! I soon discovered that just across the street and also down the street from the hotel were two 24 hour convenience stores. Needless to say, I didn't make that same mistake twice, as then I purchased my full-sized bottles of pop and coffee much cheaper at these stores.

Room Tip: If staying at the Stillorgan Park Hotel, be advised that there are two convenience stores located nearby (one directly across the street & the other just down the street). Purchase any drinks, snacks, etc. at these stores, as they are much cheaper than purchasing these items at the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cliara,
Thank you for posting your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope your daughter is enjoying her studies at UCD. I have noted your concern regarding the room service delivery charge which is standard regardless of the size of any order. We will review this and see if we can offer an alternative.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Dublin after an overnight flight, drove to the hotel and arrived there about 7:00 am. The staff could not have been nicer or more welcoming.
Laura helped us store our luggage until the rooms were ready, then Rafal brought us all cappuccino while we sat in the comfortable lobby. We were able to get into our rooms very early, after a delicious Irish breakfast in their restaurant.
We quite enjoyed our stay in the Stillorgan, which was a convenient bus ride to city center.

• Stayed: March 2014
SPHDublin, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Stillorgan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review detailing the wonderful "Cead Mile Failte" to our hotel after a long transatlantic journey. I will extend your thanks to Laura & Rafal who did a great job creating those so important first impressions for you at our hotel.

Kind regards & best wishes,

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Stillorgan Park with my 12 year old daughter and my niece for just 1 night. It was excellent from start to finish, the staff were most pleasant and helpful, we ate in the bar, food choice was good, quality very good and service was excellent. Rooms are a little small but totally fit for purpose. This hotel was great value for money, I will certainly return again.

Stayed: March 2014
SPHDublin, General Manager at Talbot Hotel Stillorgan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had a nice experience with your daughter and niece and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel staff were very polite and attentive without overdoing the attention.
Although it was a buffet style main course, at the check out desk the cashier knew one of us had taken a lower price main. Very impressive so I gave him a tip.
Thank you. I have been there many times for lunch although I live in Galway. Always the same high standard.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valerie

Many thanks for your review. We are delighted that your enjoy our Carvery Lunch in the Purple Sage Restaurant and we look forward to seeing you soon.