Hotel Rosenhof
Hotel Raisch(Steinwenden)
  • Restaurant
TDYHOMES Hotel Schattner(Kaiserslautern)
Hotels.com
All reviewsone nightthree weeksfree breakfastramstein air basestay there againeggsdoggermanenglishwirelesseuropeassortmentblanketsamericansafbmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I spent several weeks with my husband on business travel here from August to September this year. My first experience was being greeted by the owner in a welcoming hug! The day only got better! A wonderful meal in the outside garden with fantastic service. The room was perfect and clean. Shower pressure and temperature perfect for a relaxing shower anytime of day (but wonderful after my long flight).

We ate many of our evening meals at the Rosenhof with a wide variety of excellent entrees and desserts. And with free breakfast, I had a wonderful choice of foods to start my day off with. The staff was always professional and yet had a family quality to them where they became a part of us. And what was even better--is they worked as a big wonderful family.

I traveled to other places during our time over in Europe/Germany but even the international hotel chains didn't give me the welcomed personal feeling of being cared for like Susanne and Tila and their delightful family did. It broke my heart to have to leave.

If you are in Ramstein-Landstuhl area for any length of time, there is no other hotel I would recommend! Heck, if you are passing through the area, it's worth it to stay a night or two.

Room Tip: Various sized rooms to meet your needs. Check with the staff to see how they can accomodate. We had no difficulty with sound issues and we had a wedding party going on outside our room at 3am and didn't hear a peep.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Loni G
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed here on a night stop with work. My colleagues and I weren't expecting much but were very pleasantly surprised by the standard of cleanliness and the ambiance of this very welcoming hotel.
The owners and staff clearly take great pride in its appearance, wilt well tended gardens and immaculate rooms. I'm just sad we chose to have dinner at a rather average restaurant in town instead of eating here. We had a drink whilst waiting on our taxi and the food coming out looked pretty amazing. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Stayed here a couple times. This hotel reminds me of the story Hansel and Gretel for some strange reason. Mostly positive comments. Let's start with the two most important. Safety and Cleanliness. The area does appear to me a safe area. It is unfortunately located right next to the E50 that is very noisy. The hallway lights have to be manually turned on since they are on a timer. This is a bit disconcerting when you go to leave your room at night and can't check the hallway for strangers since the room doors don't have peep holes and you wouldn't be able to see anything anyways with the lights being out. My overall since of safety here though was good.
Cleanliness: The rooms along with the individual bathrooms appear to be very clean. I did not see any signs of mold or dirt. The common areas are very clean.
Now, on to the really good stuff. The free breakfast was wonderful. It sits off in an area adjacent to the greeting area. They provide made to order meals along with an assortment of fruits, cereals, danish and yogurts. Of course, coffee, tea and juices. Very nice start to your day. Stay away from their restaurant because the prices are exorbitant. I had a simple bowl of soup that came out to $14 !!! And, they wanted to charge me for a glass of tap water!!! Lots of other great options just around the corner that offer a lot better deal for your money.
The internet was actually pretty good. It's wireless throughout. You are given a code for your room and there's a separate code if you want to use the lobby wireless.
The windows do have metal blinds to block out the sound and light.
The beds are typical European low to the floor with a comforter, no sheets.
While I was staying this visit, they came and installed much needed coffee centers in the room. It's nice to be able to enjoy an hot beverage at any time of the day/night. Nice addition.
Since I was here for a week, I needed to do laundry. No problem. They will let you use their commercial grade laundry facilities after 5pm each day. They even have an iron.
My biggest complaint was with the chairs they have in the rooms. They make an awfully loud sound when moved across the floor. Two separate nights I was awaken by the neighbors next to me moving their chair. For some reason, it almost sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard. I made a suggest to the front desk that they either needed to place chairs that have rollers or cork-board under the chairs to silence the noise. It's bad enough that this structure does not incorporate noise reducing architectural features into it's walls. You can easily hear the neighbors when they decide to come back to their room at 1:17am.
Aside from the chair, not a bad stay. Get to know the owners. They are very friendly and responsive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have two adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank JetPlt
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Excellent and friendly staff, the room was cleaned to an immaculate standard and evening meal was by far the best meal I've had in Germany ( I've been living here for 18 months) so welcoming and Christine on the front desk was a joy!!

This is a great location for anyone heading to the airbase, less than 5 mins away.

Thanks all great stay see u soon on my next tax free shop at .

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank pricey6023
Reviewed 26 July 2012

stayed several times for business and enjoy it everytime. breakfast is great and so is the staff. many different room styles, so there is something for everyone. great walking trails right off property. the only thing missing is a gym.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business