“Nice place”
Review of Corte Altavilla

Corte Altavilla
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Conversano
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was the first time we have stayed in this particular part of Italy. The hotel is very conveniently situated right in the heart of Conversano. The room we had was very spacious with a four poster bed and a separate room with a table and cooking facilities (fridge was useful).
We ate at the restaurant on two nights and the food was nicely prepared and tasty.
I do have a couple of points which could do with improvement though. The first night we dined at the restaurant we were sat waiting for twenty minutes with staff coming and going but nobody even checking to see if we were being served - which we weren't. No tables are laid for breakfast so you take pot luck as to whether you're sitting at an unused table or one just cleared but still mucky.
We wanted to get a drink one on the Saturday evening but after the receptionist phoned up to the restaurant we were told we couldn't as there was a private party on. Not overly impressed as we had paid quite s lot for a three night stay and i didn't feel we got value for money.
The reception staff were very helpful and arranged a trip to a local farm to see some Lipizzaner horses which was a lovely thing to do and thoroughly recommended. We also had the wine tasting which was very enjoyable.
Would definitely return back to the area but probably not to this hotel - although we didn't notice too many other hotels around which may account for the higher prices.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for your beautiful review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the beginning of your review about ... it's a nice hotel and it feels welcoming... Thanks a lot... It's how you live!
We're really trying the best to improve our services and the good relation between quality of services and their prices. Your review is the mirror of our efforts started on July 2002, more than 11 years ago..
I'm sorry for the delay at breakfast and dinner. Sometimes it happens. We are working to avoid this residual issue for the future.
You bought the travel package from an agency and so the price was higher than normal.
The hotel staff, the historical centre of Conversano and Puglia farms are waiting again for you!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed here twice, it's a very pretty hotel and feels welcoming. Conversano is a lovely little town and bars and restaurants are easily reached on foot. Everything in Puglia closes in the afternoon so you may want to head out if you're an active sort but for value this place is a great find and has all you need.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LP16616
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for your beautiful review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the beginning of your review about ... it's a very pretty hotel and feels welcoming... Thanks a lot... It's the how you live!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here in early January and booked a standard room from looking at the website photo's and reading reviews. On arrival the room was not the room as advertised on their website or marketing material and when we went to reception to complain we were told that there are lots of different rooms and that they can't possible showcase all of their rooms online. I was very disappointed with the room as we had travelled over 3 hours to arrive in Conversano and having looked at many other hotels in the region choose this hotel for its rustic charm. No where on the website or marketing material is there a disclaimer stating that you may not get the rooms that are advertised. After complaining twice and threatening to leave a room miraculously became available that was the room in all their promotional material. The room was nice, clean and perfectly fine for the price we paid. I would not consider this hotel in International standards to be of 4 star, there were no fancy toiletries in the bathroom or any real luxury feeling to the room.

The staff though perfectly adequate never apologized for the room or even offered any olive branch, a complimentary glass of juice or some small token would have been appreciated. Instead I was told that if they had known what style of room I required rustic rather than pine centralled log cabin they could have accommodated me. I feel as there was only one photo type on their website how am I as a consumer meant to understand that they have different style rooms.

Also as a consumer I found the whole experience staying here tainted by having to argue over the room I was given. I was on a break and there customer service was very lacking. The hotel is in a great location in Conversano but I will not be back to stay here.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in 105 had very high steps leading up to the room and may be difficult for someone...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory stay with us,
May I please reassure you that it was never our intention to deceive you. Our hotel is a 500-year old listed building hence all our rooms have their own 'personality'. There are occasions when guests do not like the room allocated to them. To this end, we endeavour to always find a suitable room for all our guests, even if it means moving rooms, as we did with you.
I'm happy to learn that room (metti numero di camera nuova ) was to your liking.
I am sorry that you had reason to complain, but can only hope that you may return to Conversano when I may have an opportunity to redeem myself.
With best wishes from Apulia.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We picked Corte Altavilla based on reviews from this website and I am so delighted we did! Last week my husband and I along with my parents stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The hotel was gorgeous, the rooms were clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our favorite experience at the hotel was the wonderful restaurant. Our waitress, Rosemary was patient and kind. My husband has an extremely limited Italian vocabulary but with Rosemary's help we were able to order delicious meals. We plan on returning to Conversano in the future and look forward to staying at Corte Altavilla again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

thanks a lot for your review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the the title of your review about ... Great choice ... Thanks a lot... It's how you live!
We're really trying the best to improve our services and the good relation between quality of services and their prices. We find some troubles but we'll do better in the future also with your good advise!
Thank you so much for your comment about the service of the staff.
The hotel staff, the historic centre of Conversano and its cathedral are waiting again for you!
Letizia

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a weekend here and all I can say, is fabulous! The welcome we received Friday night was lovely and a wine tasting event was held and would highly recommend! The rooms are very clean and comfortable and very in keeping with the building. Breakfast and dinner was excellent and previous comments about lack of choice surprised me as wonderful selection. Would highly recommend the Spa facility too. I travelled with the Discovery Collection and their service and knowledge is excellent. Can't wait to visit again and explore the region more.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natasha B
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear guest,
First of all, may I thank you for your eedback.

I am delighted that you liked Conversano 'Città d’Arte ' with its architectural beauty and its many relaxing coffee shops, the wine tasting organized for you and our welcome!

Thank you for your positive feedback on our restaurant - the staff and I a grateful for your kind words and hope you will return to Conversano to provide us with an opportunity of welcoming you back to Corte Altavilla once more.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We spent our first 2 nights in Puglia here end very much enjoyed it. True, the beds are not the best and the hotel is a bit noisy, but it wasn't a big deal and given we paid 60 euros per night, we thought it was terrific value for a spacious room in a gorgeous spot with an excellent restaurant. The car parking process is a bit complicated but well run and we never had to wait to be run to the car.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

thanks a lot for your review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the beginning of your review about ...Great Value ... It's how you live!
We're really trying the best to improve our services and the good relation between quality of services and their prices. Your review is the mirror of our efforts started on July 2002, more than10 years ago..
I hope to see you soon at Corte Altavilla! The great value is waiting for you!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Tucked away behind the cathedral, with a maze of rooms which are plain and simple, and very helpful staff, we spent the first two nights of a week's holiday in Puglia, in October, and enjoyed it, although the nature of the building meant we heard the staff walking about late at night and preparing breakfast early in the morning, as we were directly below them and the old floor meant there was no way of stopping us hearing their footsteps. The spa was also disappointing, but the food in the restaurant was excellent. The night we ate there, and the overall ambience of the hotel was such that we didn't regret staying there.

Room Tip: Ask not to be placed immediately below the restaurant
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Letizia V, Direttore at Corte Altavilla, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

thanks a lot for your review...
Above alI .. I enjoyed the beginning of your review about ...Quirky Hotel with a good restaurant ... A boutique hotel.. It's how you live!
Letizia Valenzano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Conversano
Trulli Holiday - Resort
Pietrablu Resort & Spa CDSHotels
#2 of 8 in Polignano a Mare
5 mi away
Borgobianco Resort & Spa Mgallery By Sofitel
Borgobianco Resort & Spa Mgaller...
#4 of 8 in Polignano a Mare

Been to Corte Altavilla? Share your experiences!