Kadidiri Paradise Dive Resort
  • Beachfront
Black Marlin Dive Resort(Kadidiri Island)
TripAdvisor
Lawaka Hotel(Ampana)
Fadhila Cottages(Togian Islands)
  • Restaurant
Sandy Bay Resort(Malenge Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskadidiri paradiseuna unajellyfish lakecentral sulawesiprivate jettydive masterrecommended placesea gypsiesstunning natureperfect weatherprivate dinnercomfortable bungalowsdelicious fooddiving centerplaying cardswatch the sunsetmilky way
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Located in Togian Islands, Central Sulawesi. has a wealth of beauty and wealth and a very amazing underwater. great place for diving, snorkling, fishing and outdoor activities. it has much cottages to stay and enjoyed yours vocations. its recomended places to leisure and others experience..

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Yes, I mean both words of he title! Paradise Resort gambled our lives in order to save about fifty cents U.S. in gasoline. Put very simply, we told the resort that we wanted to go there the following day from the nearest town, Wakai. They sent a boat for six of us the next morning, telling us we had to leave early because of the high waves (this was mid- January, and Sefa in Walai Kodi, to their credit, had refused to risk a boat to pick us up for our own safety)
1. The boat was RIDICULOUSLY small for six people and luggage, both pontoons were well down into the water (negating their buoyant effect, and possibly the direct 'cause' of the capsizing). A perfectly seaworthy LARGER boat sat at the same dock (could have easily been ours, if Paradise Resorts had not been so stingy, since they pay the passage for their guests)
2. The boat pilot took us around the seaward side of Kadidiri, instead of the safer leeward side.
As soon as we hit the larger waves of the exposed side of Kadidiri, the boat promptly flipped over,and LUCKY FOR US no one was conked on the head by the outrigger or pontoons (all too common, if you know these boats)
As I said, we were lucky to escape with our lives, and few injuries, and psychological trauma that will probably die down after a couple of years (all during the next boat trip I took, on a large, 'safe' steel ferry, I couldn't sleep, fantasizing that it would go Titanic on me)
Here's the rub: NOBODY from Paradise Resort contacted us, in any way, to even say a simple "I'M SORRY". NOTHING. JUST SILENCE. One of us who speaks indonesian better visited one of the managers of Paradise Resorts to inform him and to extract an apology, which was given grudgingly, and only when the facts of gross negligence were pointed out.
All told, the six of us were out over 12,000 dollars in broken electronic gear (and that's a conservative estimate), but as I said, a deafening silence from the management of the resort that SENT THE BOAT FROM HELL.
Yes, I'm a little emotional, as any shipwreck survivor would be, but the last image I cannot get out of my mind is that of four other backpackers, fully loaded down with backpacks, loading up on an identical sized outrigger to go to Paradise FOUR HOURS AFTER THE CAPSIZING, which was a pretty big event around the town of Wakai. In other words, they just took another gamble to get the tourist dollar, without wanting to spend an extra few pennies in rentals or gas. Astonishing.
So, if you choose to trust them with your life and your belongings, I can only say to you, YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank FullyPissedOff
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I spent 3 nights in Kadidiri Paradise Resort. The cottages are on a sandy beach and a huge garden, breeze from the sea, quiet, spacious. The location is the most beautiful of Kandidiri, because of the beach and the huge pier. This is a high potential place.

3 meals are included (food is good), staff and the young owner are very friendly and helpful. Electricity from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

It could be cleaner.

I visited the two other accomodations on this island. The next door Black Marlin was full of people with loud parties and drinking in the night. There is no beach there, the place is crowded -but it looks cleaner. Apparently the diving center is very good there. The other accomodation after Black Marlin is a losmen, run-down but extremely friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aae191
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have backpacked pretty much all over Asia and I think my expectations are reasonable when it comes to accomodation. At Kadidiri Paradise however, value for money is extremely low, and I would suggest to pick a different resort while on Kadidiri island (Black Marlin...). Here is why:

Pro's:
KPR has the nicest beach right in front of the resort. Bungalows are spacious and actually look quite nice.

Neutral:
Food. Like in all resorts on the island, it is usually fish and rice twice a day (cant blame them, the Togians are remote and thats what they got) and meal size is usually rather small. For example, a slice of watermelon, a few pieces of papaya and a tiny muffin for breakfast left most of the male travellers quite hungry. But the food at the other resorts seems to be similar.

Cons:
- Rats: When we arrived we were told the rats were a tripadvisor-rumor and they had gotten cats to get rid of them. Thats a lie. The rats chewed through two backpacks my snorkel masks and a few other things although I had no food in my room. There is also no place to lock stuff away in the bungalow. Next day I got offered to have a cat in my room during the night. After the cat was brought into the bungalow, it urinated on the floor and then climbed up the wall and got out via the roof.The rats payed me a nightly visit nevertheless...what a great idea!

- Fresh Water: I am not even asking for running water, even though Black Marlin next door had showers and everything. We had to ask the staff several times every single day to bring us water for the toilet and to clean ourselves to the room and after about 4 days it got a bit annoying to keep running after the staff (they didnt seem to learn, that every bungalow needed some water every day). The water itself was not clean, sometimes a little bit brownish and sometimes with leaves or other stuff swimming aroung in it.

-Diving: The diving spots around the Togians are beautiful, unfortunately the diving trips by Kadidiri Paradise were extremely unprofessional. The Boat was sometimes way too small for too many divers, which led to quite chaotic scenes before getting into the water. Another person got a BCD that leaked once she got into the water, so she got the spare one they brought on the boat. Unfortunately there was another leaking BCD at the same time, so one of the divemasters had to dive with a broken BCD (seriously check the equipment maybe?). Two of the divemasters got into a fight over this which ended with some yelling and one of the two pushing the other into the water...

There were more issues, like a very moody girl running the divecenter who was talking about other guests behind their back, a manager that did not give a **** about his customers (we were told to talk to him about a few issues, but he never showed up) , mouldy linens and so on...

So in short: Go visit Kadidiri Island, its awesome! But stay away from the Paradise Resort...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Skillz072
Reviewed 14 September 2013

If you are searching for the end of the world. The real bounty island. You have to go here.

The time we spend here was a time of absolute peace and just beautiful nature.

We met some very nice people. Also the food was good and the cottages cute, fitting in the natural surroundings.

Yes there are problems with rats. Except from the 3 resorts its an uninhabited island and they are natural animals there. But they staff does everything they can to keep them out of the resort as much as possible.

The diving is some of the best we have seen on our trip through the philipines, sabah and sulawesi. The corals are huge, many different sorts and they are mostely untouched.

The sunsets are just beautiful and we would go for a swin and sit on the boardwalk pier when the sun went down.

We really hope to return here someday and do reccomend it for everybody who is planning to visit the togeans.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple