“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 29 Fondi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We visited this hotel at the end of March 2014. We stayed for a week. My mother is originally from Fondi but immigrated to London when she was 21. We came to visit family. I stayed with my 80 year old mother and my 18 year old daughter. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. It is modern and very clean. The owner Nicola and his wife were wonderful. They went out of their way to help us with my elderly mother who has mobility issues. They even offered to drive us into Fondi!
The restaurant next door is owned by Nicola's sister. We ate there on several days and evenings. Again, she went out of her way to accommodate us even offering to make lunch for us on Sunday her day off as she was coming in on Sunday morning to prepare for an offsite catering event. The food was all homemade and very fresh. We really felt at home in this hotel and restaurant next door. Both the hotel and restaurant are family run. I will defiantly return to this hotel the next time we are in Fondi

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I read the reviews and really expected something wonderful. The decor was very nice - but the restaurant was only open on a Saturday. On the Sunday they asked me to leave at midday and not return until 5 p.m. Nobody could speak English and so at first I was confused - but it was true. It was like a youth hostel. I had to leave my room - couldn't sit by the pool and had to find a place to eat on a Sunday. I was shocked as this was a business trip and Sunday was my only day off. The other reviews are so good I wondered if the place had changed hands or was being managed while the boss was on holiday?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
ConteFondi, Direttore at Hotel del Conte, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Guest

we are disappointed, to collect your disappointment expressed in this review, especially because yours is the only review "very bad" We have received since the opening of our hotel, but not underestimate it.

We are confident that your discomfort is originated from a simple misunderstanding in this regard is probably not in the best way we communicated the possibility of using the hotel's services and times of opening and closing of the front desk.

In fact, during the period of your stay, the pool has undergone maintenance and for that reason, to protect your own safety you have been asked not to use it in the first hours of the afternoon, while all other common areas and facilities of ' hotels remained at your disposal.

As for the restaurant service, although it is attached to the hotel is managed by a third party. Schedules are indicated on the hotel website, as well as the closing day (Sunday) during which the reception staff may, at any time, indicate to our customers the various restaurants that are open in the near the hotel.

We would be very glad to have you again as our valued guest to show, how our standards of service are absolutely in line with all the great reviews had in the past.

Best Regards

Director Nicola Conte

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My family stayed at this hotel 24th June for 5 nights. Hotel is in good location only a ten minute walk to piazza, it is modern and clean and the staff were AMAZING!! There were 6 of us so we had one quad room and one double room. Breakfast was really nice and great coffee!They explained how to visit sperlonga beach and recommended a local resturant that served up the most delicious food I have ever tried! One of the best hotels we stayed during our 6 week trip.They were more then accomodating to assist with any request. Highly recommend Hotel Del Conte if you plan on visiting beautiful Fondi!

Room Tip: both rooms we saw were as nice as eachother
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hillsborough
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family stayed at this cute little boutique hotel in Fondi on July 27th prior to our visit to the neighboring town of Itri. The hotel was clean and the staff was incredibly friendly. They were also very helpful. On our arrival at the hotel, the front desk quickly got us to our rooms, which was most welcome since we were tired after our long drive from Siena. They also helped to set us up with dinner at a local restaurant. When we awoke the next morning, we were wonderfully surprised by a delicious continental breakfast. Again, the staff was more than helpful. One of the staff even shared with us that his sister had made some of the pastries that were being served. What put this hotel over the top in my opinion was what happened later that day - after we had checked out. We had taken my 84 year old mother to Itri to see where her grandmother had emigrated from. Unfortunately, we visited on a Sunday and there were no restaurants open for lunch. We eventually drove back to Fondi and stopped at the grocery store across from the Hotel del Conte. We had no place to eat the lunch that we bought but the staff of the hotel kindly allowed us to eat at the tables outside the hotel restaurant. They did not have to do this since we had already checked out. But they not only allowed us to use their tables, they also provided us with napkins and utensils and permission to use their bathroom. This act of kindness went above and beyond what a typical hotel would do. My family would heartily recommend the Hotel del Conte to anyone that visits Fondi!

Room Tip: We had four rooms here and none of them were problematic.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Me and the other half had 3 nights here after 4 very tiring days in Roma.

It was perfect, the hotel is very new and as such, very contemporary.

The hotel itself, is in a bit of an odd location, don't let that put you off though, but you will feel like you're arriving at a conference centre on a commercial estate, but the quality of the hotel and staff quickly subsides any initial grumblings.

It has a roof terrace that no one uses, which views the surrounding lazio mountains and we were the only ones at the very clinical, extremely clean and classy poolside every day, which was heavenly! The drinks from the bar were reasonably priced, especially the wine.There is also cafe/restaurant on the front of the hotel, but we never used it.

It is around a 10-12 minute walk into Fondi, buses or taxi are easy if you're feeling lazy.

The staff are great, they refused to let us pay up front at the start for the rooms! haha, everything is tabbed, rooms, drinks, beach loungers, extras; and paid as you check out. It is hard work to let you pay for anything up front! ha

Room was very new, clean and stylish. A little small but still lovely, had a plasma, air con, uber thin black out blinds and funky paintings.

Sperlongas got a nice beach, bit busy though, Fondi is an absolute gem of curvaceous cobbled streets, cracking courtyard restaurants and beautiful bastiles.

The hotel was at a good price point as well, useage wise, it serves as either a perfect base for some adventures around the lazio/amalfi coast or as a relaxing retreat after a bustling city.

Great stuff.

Room Tip: we chose the superior room, was very similar to normal room in price and I wouldn't like to thin...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clarkface
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Staff very friendly and welcoming. English is spoken and understood by most staff. Sophie is very helpful and recommended a great restaurant,Il Frantoio where we had the best food during our 2.5 week trip from north to the south of Italy.

The hotel is very modern,stylish and has all the necessary amenities such as wifi ;sauna;swimming pool;restaurant;shuttle to Sperlonga beach. This was real value for money compared to most other hotels we stayed in. The hotel is family run and they offer personalized service making you feel special.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any travellers.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Supafly81
east coast
Reviewed 20 August 2010

The staff.... Nicola, Luigi, Analisa and, especially english speaking Sofia, went out of their way to help me w/bus schedules and accomodated me in any way they could. I am a world traveler and this was one of the best places I have stayed. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit this area of Italy. It is a new ,clean, modern hotel ...a short walk to the center of historic Fondi. A great location from which to be based in order to go to the sea or tiny villages nearby. Excellent bus and train connections as well as a free shuttle to nearby beach in beautiful Sperlonga . I rate this place a 10 out of 10 ! Bravo, Hotel del Conte!! My only complaint is not with the hotel but the attached restaurant which is run separately from the hotel. The cook, Teresa, prepares excellent italian meals and was very nice, however, her husband, the owner has absolutely no clue as to how to treat customers and needs to take lessons from the owners of the hotel. I ate there the first few nights of my 9 day stay but stopped going after being treated badly and insulted by the owner. I would not recommend this restaurant based on my experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank onthego321
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fondi
Villa Dei Principi Hotel
Hotel Villaggio Torre San Vito
Elaia Garden Hotel
Elaia Garden Hotel
#6 of 16 in Sperlonga

Been to Hotel del Conte? Share your experiences!