“Fantastic bird of prey experience (now at Petwood Hotel LN10 6QG)”
Review of Russ Tipper Falconry - CLOSED

Russ Tipper Falconry
Midlands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Fantastic bird of prey experience (now at Petwood Hotel LN10 6QG)”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Please note: I removed my original review and have replaced it as I'd only recently learnt that Russ is now based at Petwood Hotel, Stixwould Road, Woodhall Spa LN10 6QG.

My husband and I booked a 'hawk walk' with Russ, planning ahead to a weekend break at Branston Hall. It was a fantastic experience - and as promised within a few minutes of meeting Russ and receiving some sensible advice we both had a hawk on our gloves! We spent the next hour or so walking with Russ listening to his wonderful experiences with birds of prey - with the hawks following us closely through the trees and regularly flying to our gloves. It was hard to describe how thrilling it was to see these fabulous creatures close up and look in their eyes - feeling their wings sweep your back before landing on your arm. We later had the chance to see some owls close up on perches and on gloves and then we accompanied Russ on a training walk with a young falcon, who could hover in mid air besting any harrier or euro-fighter you may have seen! I cannot recommend this highly enough and my husband and I will be looking to visit Russ again at his new base in Petwood. The website through which we booked is www.russtipperfalconry.com and Russ is also on Facebook.

Visited August 2011
4 Thank AmandaJoyCox

Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“breathtaking experience in beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I was given a gift card voucher for a hawk walk experience by my partner, at first i was unsure as i`m not to keen on birds a little scared if im honest, but im all for trying new things so off we went, Russ was very welcoming and friendly i instantly felt at ease with him we chatted for a short time on what we would be doing on the experience. so with no further a do i was gloved up and holding a falcon on my hand, unbelieveable ! so magestic with a superb temprement, up that close you can really see just how beautiful these birds are, Russ, my partner and I then took a slow walk through the woodland of the hotel the falcon would take flight and watch from the tree tops swooping down to my hand when food was presented just cannot get over how softly they fly and land! the walk lasted a good hour and never a dull moment Russ has a wealth of experience and continues throughout the walk to tell facts about the birds and the history behind falconry.
The walk concluded with a hold of a magnificent owl.
Wow if anyone is looking for this sort of experience this is the one to go for it was fantastic the perfect gift for anyone to enjoy!

Visited June 2011