“A must do!”
Review of Russ Tipper Falconry - CLOSED

Russ Tipper Falconry
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Knowledgeable, patient and the perfect gift for anybody, or even oneself. Would definitely recommend the experience to people and would definitely do again!

2  Thank HighPeakBlues

Reviewed 28 June 2012

What a smashing belated christmas present! Russ is warm, friendly and very passionate about what he does. I wasnt too keen to start, as a confirmed townie BUT how could you not enjoy the great company of 2 birds on a sunny sunday! Wellies on and a good stomp about. Standing in the woodland with a massive glove on and a bit of unidentified meat on top as an incentive! First times a bit scary when they land but Russ is so keen for you to experience his birds you overcome that pretty quick. Thanks for a little touch of country, friendly banter and a good laugh!

2  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Agree with the two earlier reviewers. We visited with a group of friends and family, including 2 excited eight year olds. This is a different experience to any previous falconary displays I have been to. By far the best thing about the Hawk Walk with Russ is that he tailors this amazing experience to your group and has a wealth of knowledge and is passionate about these beautiful birds. The children had an amazing time and grew in confidence each time the Harris Hawks landed on their gloves. There are many suprises along the way, I am sure that no two Hawk Walks are exactly the same! At the end we left with a greater understanding and respect for these beautiful birds of prey. A very special experience.

1  Thank rebecca k
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Please note: I removed my original review and have replaced it as I'd only recently learnt that Russ is now based at Petwood Hotel, Stixwould Road, Woodhall Spa LN10 6QG.

My husband and I booked a 'hawk walk' with Russ, planning ahead to a weekend break at Branston Hall. It was a fantastic experience - and as promised within a few minutes of meeting Russ and receiving some sensible advice we both had a hawk on our gloves! We spent the next hour or so walking with Russ listening to his wonderful experiences with birds of prey - with the hawks following us closely through the trees and regularly flying to our gloves. It was hard to describe how thrilling it was to see these fabulous creatures close up and look in their eyes - feeling their wings sweep your back before landing on your arm. We later had the chance to see some owls close up on perches and on gloves and then we accompanied Russ on a training walk with a young falcon, who could hover in mid air besting any harrier or euro-fighter you may have seen! I cannot recommend this highly enough and my husband and I will be looking to visit Russ again at his new base in Petwood. The website through which we booked is www.russtipperfalconry.com and Russ is also on Facebook.

4  Thank AmandaJoyCox
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I was given a gift card voucher for a hawk walk experience by my partner, at first i was unsure as i`m not to keen on birds a little scared if im honest, but im all for trying new things so off we went, Russ was very welcoming and friendly i instantly felt at ease with him we chatted for a short time on what we would be doing on the experience. so with no further a do i was gloved up and holding a falcon on my hand, unbelieveable ! so magestic with a superb temprement, up that close you can really see just how beautiful these birds are, Russ, my partner and I then took a slow walk through the woodland of the hotel the falcon would take flight and watch from the tree tops swooping down to my hand when food was presented just cannot get over how softly they fly and land! the walk lasted a good hour and never a dull moment Russ has a wealth of experience and continues throughout the walk to tell facts about the birds and the history behind falconry.
The walk concluded with a hold of a magnificent owl.
Wow if anyone is looking for this sort of experience this is the one to go for it was fantastic the perfect gift for anyone to enjoy!

3  Thank Ryan M