“Excellent site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodhall Spa
Woodhall Country Park
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent site”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just back from 5 nights camping with our son and his 3 children. We both had a huge pitch next to each other and were able to pitch reasonably close with a great family area between us.
We were greeted by friendly staff and given the necessary info.
We appreciated the security on the site and the facilities were well kept and clean. Lots of hot water and the food prep room was very useful when chopping meat etc.(normally a job I hate when using a wobbly camp table!)
It was great to have lights on around the pathways when getting up during the night too.
Not too bad a walk into town and there is a pub just outside the site.
All in all a great few days and we will definitely be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sandra c
WoodhallPark, Manager at Woodhall Country Park, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing us. We always like to know how we are performing and will use your comments to help us improve our service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 2 night camping break at the site.
Everything was great with some of the best shower and toilet facilities at any site I have been on. There was just one fly in the ointment that spoilt the entire trip.
One of the staff (warders) was so rude that she could not even be bothered to ask if we had enjoyed our stay. I imagine she was an old fashioned seaside landlady in a past life.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank philipbiggins
Thank you for providing us with some feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I am sorry that no one inquired as to how your holiday was during the time you were staying with us. Please accept my apologies for any one being rude to you, that is not the impression we aim to give. We always want your feedback though and we will use your comments to improve our service.
Derbyshire, UK
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Our boys were playing golf at Woodhall Spa for 3 days so we decided to take our touring caravan. We found this site amongst others when we researched the area.
Set just outside the town centre and very easy to find is the spacious arrivals area and reception. Smooth check in and off to pitch 64 - Fully serviced pitches, even an aerial point! Hard standing ample space to park with a good grass area to each space too.
Site very clean and organised. Washing facilities immaculately presented and refuse points also very well maintained. There's a decent shop too with various local shops delivering fresh bread etc daily to add to the other essentials being sold. The site appears very well managed and staff are regularly around ensuring all ok as part of their routine.
Fishing lakes , bike hire, walks, a great climbing frame/ swings and superb local town experience awaits you. If you fancy a nice traditional British town, try Woodhall Spa - highly recommend this site. Well done to Ian, site manager, and his team. We will return.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Vicspire
WoodhallPark, Manager at Woodhall Country Park, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to review us. It's lovely to hear we are doing the right things and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

What a fantastic weekend staying in camping pods at woodhall country park caravan and campsite. My friend and I didn't want the hassle of putting up our family tents without our husbands incase the weather was bad, so decided that the pods were a great idea when you can't plan for the bad weather. As it turned out, the weather was amazing but so were the pods. They have 2 different sizes. Ours had a double futon and room to put single lilo for third person, and the sky pods have bunk beds and double futon to sleep 4people. Also provided is a coffee table with electric kettle, 2mugs with tea, coffee, sugar and UHT milk sachets. The pods are really well insulated so onesies not necessary,It was really warm at night time. ( take a fan if you have one). A windbreak is a good idea for added privacy behind your provided picnic bench for when you are eating and if weather bad a gazebo for cooking under is a must. All in all, the site is picturesque, peacefull, the staff lovely and facilities are great. There's even a small food prep area with large griddle and microwave at the middle shower block with freezer. What more do you need. X

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clare B
WoodhallPark, Manager at Woodhall Country Park, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good break. It's always nice to receive some positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is the first time we have stayed at this site for the 1940s weekend, we have stayed at jubilee park and the Petwood in the past and thought we would try this one for a change, on arrival we were greeted by an elderly lady who asked for £10 for a key fob to enter and exit the site, this wasn't notified to us on booking and would have been stuck if I hadn't had any cash on me, the lady wasn't very friendly but the 2 gentleman in the reception were smiling and polite, one offered to take me to the pitch that was booked but the lady told him not to bother, after finding the pitch myself I had a knock on the door by another rather rude lady who was in the reception earlier and asking when our friends would be turning up, I said around dinner time the next day, to which she replied well you could have told me, this annoyed me as I'd only just came off the phone to my friends and was unaware I had to tell them!!! I could go on about the staff and the horrible attitude they had all weekend but apart from the 2 gentlemen that seemed to be the groundsmen everyone else seemed to be rude and very unhelpful, this has put me off ever booking with this site again, we had a pitch near a shower / toilet block which the door was forever banging, the site looked as though the grass was well over due a cut and the cleanliness could have been a lot better, this site will only go further down hill if the staff aren't either replaced or put on a course for customer relations and reminded that the customer should be greeted with a smile and curtesy when spoken to at all times.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Vanessa-Dineen
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I apologies if anyone was rude to you over the weekend as that is not the customer service we try to deliver. The 40's weekend was the busiest w/end we have ever had & although it is not an excuse you can understand that staff were very busy and stressed. As for Deposit, you made your booking on line and agreed to pay the £10 cash deposit on arrival as part of that booking process, we will be looking into the door closers on the toilet block to reduce the noise of the doors slamming and we cut the grass every week at the beginning of the week unfortunately the week you stayed that pitch had been occupied all week and we were unable to cut that due to the caravan being on the pitch. Did you speak to anyone about your concerns during your stay? Please inform us at the time if you have any concerns and we will do our best to rectify any issues straight away whilst you are still on site.
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here in july for 3 nights in a sky pod as a quick get away from our home in Lincolnshire,On arrival we found the pod to be fairly dirty,The floor had not been swept and the sky light hardly let any light through as it was so filthy,Having worked on over 200 camp sites in 16 countries around Europe myself it is the done thing to enter accommodation on change over and give it a clean before the next arrival but i guess this does not happen here at Woodhall Country Park. That said it was our only complaint and after a 10 minute spruce up we enjoyed our stay in the pod.The site itself is very nice and peaceful,Great for wildlife and we enjoyed the surrounding woodland walks.The staff seemed friendly enough and toilet/showers were clean,there is also a room with a freezer and cooking utilities which were handy.Prices to stay in the pods are reasonable but tent pitches seem fairly expensive.To sum it up we had a good time here and shall return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
WoodhallPark, Manager at Woodhall Country Park, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I am sorry that the Sky Lodge cleaning was not to standard and I apologies as this is not the impression we normally give. Did you mention this to anyone on site? I will be discussing your comments with our staff responsible for cleaning and will reiterate the importance of cleaning standards to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back and will do our utmost to ensure you have a pleasant stay.
Lincs
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a base for the fantastic annual 1940's weekend. We were very impressed with the park itself as there is space between pitches and is in a lovely setting. The facilities are clean and fairly well equipped.
We stayed in a Sky Lodge on this occasion and found them to be smaller than expected and poor foam mattresses on the beds and futon. The bunks are unsuitable for children as the upper bunk has a very low guard rail and one could easily topple out. The lodge was poorly designed resulting in no way to allow a through flow of air without leaving the front doors open, which meant it became very hot in there (with 2 adults and 2 kids).
The most disappointing aspect was the lack of cleanliness in the lodge, which obviously hadn't been swept out after at least the last occupant and there was even someone else's litter under the lower bunk.

On a positive note the staff were helpful and we enjoyed our stay overall. We will go back next year but will take our own tent as the Sky Lodges did not live up to their 'glamping' tag.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DazHelColeRoss
Thank you for giving us some feedback. We always want to know how we can improve. Firstly let me apologies that the standard of cleaning was not what we normally deliver. The is no excuse for this and I will be discussing your comments with the staff responsible. I understand you comments about how hot it must have been over the 40's weekend with the high temp and high humidity we experienced. I will be updating our website after you comments to include the sizes of the Pods to give a clearer indication of their size. I look forward to welcoming you back and we will do our utmost to ensure you have a pleasant stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodhall Spa
Bainland Lodge Park
Bainland Lodge Park
#1 of 4 in Woodhall Spa
Tattershall Lakes Country Park

Been to Woodhall Country Park? Share your experiences!