“Fantastic retreat”
The amazing living area in the Hayloft - warm, cosy, romantic - you'll never want to leave!
What more could you want - relaxing by the wood-burning stove enjoying a lovely night in. The cosy box bed - a lovely daytime snug or an extra sleeping space for 2
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The cosy box bed - a lovely daytime snug or an extra sleeping space for 2
The beautiful beamed bedroom with brass bed, sheepswool mattress, warm quilt and ensuite
The amazing beamed bathroom with copper bateau spa bath, shower, small sauna and twinkly lights!
The historic Grade II Listed Manor House Stables
The Manor House Stables in Winter - but still lovely and warm inside!
Lovely shabby chic unit with Belfast sink
An amazing hamper! Fresh bread, bottle of wine, flowers, local goodies and fresh veg!
The amazing wooden fridge!
You'll find organic free range eggs, sausages, organic milk and butter in your fridge
You have as much tea, coffee and milk as you want.
A trug of fresh vegetables provided for each stay - from our garden or local shop
In the summer we'll give you vegetables from our garden to enjoy
Looking out of one of the Hayloft windows to the raised beds of our garden below
The Hayloft window
Celebrating success (another Award!) in the box bed!
Another picture of the lovely living room in the Hayloft
The garden enclosed by hazel hurdles, with picnic table, sunloungers, BBQ, and basket swing
The Hayloft is decorated for Christmas!
The testimonial book - so many lovely reviews!
Floor plan of the Hayloft
We are members of Select Lincolnshire
We have been awarded a Gold rating in the Green Tourism Business Scheme
Enjoy England East Midlands Tourism Bronze Award for Self-catering Accommodation
Enjoy England East Midlands Tourism Silver Award in Sustainable Tourism
The Hayloft Box Bed, drawn by Roxana de Rond
The Hayloft Copper Bath, drawn by Roxana de Rond
The Stables, drawn by Roxana de Rond
The Stables - a view from the bottom of our vegetable garden
The Manor House Stables - on the toilet cistern!
Look for this sign at the bottom of our driveway
Weddings and honeymoons are popular here
More awards!!
You can buy gift vouchers for your friends or family
Half day courses 'just for two' - our new scheme for those staying in the accommodation
A field of rape (with the Manor House in the distance)
The Lancaster flying over our house
Lincoln Cathedral
The Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa
Lincoln Cathedral
The Wolds
The Manor House Stables logo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Barn -
1 Bedroom, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 4
Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, England

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 74 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Italian first
Any
Matthew L
“Fantastic retreat”
Reviewed 10 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

What a brilliant place to escape too. Cosy and luxurious, fabulous loft bed and amazing copper jacuzzi bath.

We also did a have day bread making course, hosted by the wonderful Sherry.

I didn't want to share this review initially because I wanted to keep this find to myself . . . We'll be back!

12 Feb 2018
Thank you for your really lovely review! I am really pleased you both enjoyed your stay here so much. I am also pleased that you and Kate enjoyed your half day bread making course and good luck with future attempts! Thanks again and hopefully see you again on a future stay.
anniewatt...
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Beyond 5 stars”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The four of us stayed in the hayloft for a long weekend. The welcome pack was amazing with some of the most incredible tasting home made jam and a wonderful wine from a local brewery included. Some of which I purchased to take home.

Irwin was so welcoming making sure we had every thing we needed and answered any questions we had about the local area.

The hayloft it’s self was incredible. So homely and comfortable with a touch of Luxury. The tin bath with bubbles and twinkling lights was a fabulous indulgence. They seemed to think of everything you would need for your stay to make it extra special. From the family games, hot water bottle, all the cooking utensils and organic soaps. There wasn’t any thing I needed that wasn’t already there.

We will definitely be back, hopefully with some more of the family and enjoy the Bothy too.

I can not recommend this stay enough and can’t wait to return.

27 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for your great review! I can't tell you how pleased I am that you had such a great stay and thank you for all your great feedback! I am only sorry I didn't get to meet you during your stay (I normally am, but I had somewhere else I needed to be this time), but I am really proud of the fact that my husband did such a great job! When you come back next time I will definitely make sure I am here to see you. I also hear that you liked my jam! I am just going to make some more today. It is from an original and uses less sugar but lots of carrots and apples. Thank you again for all your great feedback, I am so happy you had such a great time and we look forward to meeting you again soon! Sherry
wandereri...
“Lovely cosy getaway with great hospitality!”
Reviewed 13 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Had a very comfortable few nights stay in the Hayloft, Sherry was a great hostess and generously supplied so many tasty extras which were really appreciated by us all. Place was kitted out with everything you could possibly need.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
15 Feb 2016
Thank you for your lovely review. I am really pleased you enjoyed the tasty extras! And nothing is quite as important as good hospitality - thank you so much for your compliments regarding this aspect of your stay.
Marcia B
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“little piece of heaven”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Just got back from my 6th stay at the Hayloft. Absolutely love the place.Cosy comfortable . Luxury accommodation. Organic welcome pack and bathroom goodies . Make it all that more special.
If you want a bit of me time Or a romantic retreat This is your place ...
Sherry, and Irvin, Are the best hosts .And sherry runs craft and baking courses from the barn. if you fancy something different to do ..Woodhall spa is 5 mins away in car. And is a great shopping / foodie place. With a wonderful kinema in the woods .. Please don't hesitate in booking .You won't be disappointed. . 5 star in my eyes ..

Travelling group: Friends
12 Feb 2016
Thank you for enjoying another stay here! You were one of our first guests and we are so happy that you keep coming back - we must be doing something right! And thanks for your kind words about us being good hosts, thank you for being a good guest! I am pleased you mentioned Woodhall Spa - I think it is a really special place too and it just seems to get better and better all the time. Hope to see you again soon!
David S
Boekhoute, Belgium
“Nice place though the service is not what we expected to be”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We booked the hayloft through the website of The Manor Stables. We loved the idea of the service they provided. To be sure I emailed the owner before we arrived if coffee and thee would be available like it said on the website. She confirmed we only had to bring ourselves. She would welcome us when we arrive and make a meal for our first night. A few days before we arrived we received an email she wasn't at home the day we arrived (we booked months ahead) and we were told where to find the key. She also wasn't able to cook the meal we booked.

As we arrived we did like the look of the hayloft, cozy like on the photos. Alas dust was everywhere, as it was cold we wanted to put the heating on but that didn't work so we had to call an emergency number to help us out. The husband stopped by after work to explain how the heating worked. He also told us the shower didn't work properly and that it was the fault of the cleaner (no check of what the cleaner does) that there was no coffee or thee available. we had to rush to the shop. The bed was also way too small for 2 adults, I had to sleep in the other bed as there was no room enough for my husband and myself. On top of it all, we received another email of the owner that she wouldn't be able to say goodbye! So no welcome and no goodbye.. the service is not what they said it would be. Even though of all these down parts we did have a lovely stay, as it was a cozy place!

Value Rooms
Travelling group: Couples
Connieken...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Loved our stay!”
Reviewed 11 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Really enjoyed my stay with my parents. I stayed in the bed under the stairs which was surprisingly comfy despite being tall!
The bath and shower was wonderful. A real treat. We struggled with the cooker a little as we've never used a range before but got the hang of it eventually! But we ate out for most meals anyway.

The cupboards were packed which was useful but meant there wasn't much space for things we'd brought. There could be an empty cupboard in the kitchen to make room for any food bought for cooking there.

It was mostly really clean but a little dusty around light fittings and round the toilet hard to reach bits. Only reason for 4 and not 5 stars was this and the storage.

Tracy450
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

last minute booking, first time visit. We booked this last minute with the most accommodating owner Sherry, our visit was warm and welcoming. Sherry has catered for everything, accommodation was of good quality furniture, clean and inviting. The food hampers and extra touches of wine, flowers and chocolates were most appreciated. The surroundings were peaceful and tranquil which is exactly what we needed to recharge our batteries. Nothing seemed to much trouble for Sherry and Irven. A lovely couple with a charming holiday let. Would definitely recommend.

Value Location
Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing