This hotel is well past its sell buy date. What was probably a nice hotel once upon a time is now a sorry collection of peeling paint, wayward wiring with dated decor. The current owners appear to have spent the minimum amount possible to get the public areas into an acceptable state, but seem to have spent no money at all on the rooms, corridors and other areas of the hotel. There were signs in the corridors saying "Sorry for the renovations over the next 4 weeks", but these were dated 29th April ... my stay was in August!
As for my room, the carpet was badly worn, there were massive cracks in the basin and no air conditioner. The ridiculously hot towel rail was downright dangerous in such a narrow bathroom and the shower had just 2 temperatures - boiling or freezing! The towel was not changed all week and the small supply of tea, coffee and biscuits was not replenished during my stay.
The food in the restaurant/bar was fine, but not great and the choice for breakfast was extremely limited.
Despite the staff being friendly and courteous, I would not recommend this hotel in its present state.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 52 Bedroom Hotel, Built in 1880 and set in seven acres of gardens, lawns and woodlands, the hotel is ideally situated for the Woodhall Spa Golf Club, village and surrounding tourist sights. The Golf Hotel is currently under new management and under going a full refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Golf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golf Hotel And Aqua Sante Spa
- The Golf Hotel & Aqua Sante Woodhall Spa
- Hotel Aqua Sante
- The Golf Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire