The Golf Hotel
US$101
US$120
US$117
Travelocity
Dower House Hotel(Woodhall Spa)
US$141
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

The Leagate Inn(Coningsby)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$108
US$100
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Free cancellation until 31/05
US$108
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$143
US$128
Hotels.com
Travelocity
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewshuge tvprawn cocktailpowerful showerthe ground floornight staybar areacourse mealcooked to perfectionfor sunday lunchbuffet stylefull englishlovely breakwhole experiencegolfvillageweddingwardrobe
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The room was very smelly and for the bathroom I don't even have words...They gave me probably the worst room they were having available, plus it was on second floor with no elevator!
The service very bad and not professional at all! Very rude lady trying to control the business...what a joke! Really, avoid!!!

Room Tip: Choose another place!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joanna S
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here with friends in October. As some other reviews have mentioned, it is a bit of a work in progress. The public rooms are very nicely decorated. The room was comfy and the bathroom lovely. The meals were wonderful, even for me, a vegetarian. I would definitely come here to eat even if I was not staying in the hotel, but visiting the area. The staff were friendly and very welcoming. A hotel to be highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Whilst staying locally, my husband arranged for me to visit the spa for a flotation bath and massage. I have motility/nerve damage problems and was a bit concerned as I'm slow/stiff to move. The staff made me so welcome, and didn't try to hurry me, they made sure I was kept safe going upstairs, not rushing away and leaving me as has been my experience elsewhere. The manageress was so helpful I felt like a VIP. The masseuse was wonderful (she was Spanish) she listened and carried out the treatment exactly as I needed/ directed. I had tears in my eyes when I left because it was it had been the best experience I had had for such a long time. I plan to visit the area again soon, and you can guess where I'll be heading.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AllainG817
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Went as a party of four four Sunday Lunch on 15th September.
While the hotel looks elegant from a distance, as you drive closer, it became evident that the exterior timber work is in desperate need of renovation, That, coupled with an empty car park nearly put us off and we were considering cancelling our reservation! However, once inside, the public areas improve considerably and the furnishings are modern and tasteful, albeit again some areas are in great need of redecoration.
However, all the staff we encountered were welcoming and friendly. The service was efficient and the best part of all was that the food was of an excellent standard and delightfully presented. Prices are excellent value considering the quality of food served, and wines were very reasonable.
Sadly, we were the only diners so the restaurant was lacking a bit of atmosphere, but the food was good enough to convince me to dine here again. The hotel is clearly a "work in progress", and I look forward to seeing the end product in the future

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilfred M
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Golf Hotel on business for 3 nights and, in addition to being in a good location for local amenities, I found the stay pleasant and would stay there again.

The lobbies are in the middle of being renovated so some are dated at best, but once these are brought in line with the rest of the hotel, this will be a very stylish and modern hotel.

Room-wise, I was impressed. Spacious, recently decorated, modern and with a large (32" or 40") flatscreen TV.
The bed was large, comfy and cleaned/made well each day.
I slept well each night and only heard minimal noise from adjoining rooms.

The bathroom was fairly basic, but the facilities were modern and cleaned thoroughly daily.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant, which was nice but pretty basic - choice of fried food or cereals, though the attendant was both polite and helpful.
Evening meal I had brought to my room and each meal was lovely. Good portions, restaurant quality and decent value for the cost.
Room service was prompt, courteous and mindful of courses being delivered at the right times.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay, but maybe somewhat more easily pleased due to being on business and not staying for recreation.
You will be disappointed with the lobby areas whilst being renovated as, frankly, they are ugly and set the hotel back.
But, perspective is required when reviewing this hotel as a lobby is something you pass through on the way to your room and certainly does not detract from the overall experience of what is a nice, modern and stylish hotel with friendly and attentive staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business