The Golf Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dower House Hotel(Woodhall Spa)
Petwood Hotel(Woodhall Spa)
The Leagate Inn(Coningsby)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewshuge tvprawn cocktailpowerful showerthe ground floornight staybar areacourse mealcooked to perfectionfor sunday lunchbuffet stylefull englishlovely breakwhole experiencegolfvillageweddingwardrobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Recently visited, with my mother. All the staff were fantastic and a great help. The food was excellent, top quality. The only thing which let it down was the hotel was under refurbishment when we visited and the finishing touches were not complete. But once the hotel is completed, it will be second to none!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The room was very smelly and for the bathroom I don't even have words...They gave me probably the worst room they were having available, plus it was on second floor with no elevator!
The service very bad and not professional at all! Very rude lady trying to control the business...what a joke! Really, avoid!!!

Room Tip: Choose another place!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joanna S
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here with friends in October. As some other reviews have mentioned, it is a bit of a work in progress. The public rooms are very nicely decorated. The room was comfy and the bathroom lovely. The meals were wonderful, even for me, a vegetarian. I would definitely come here to eat even if I was not staying in the hotel, but visiting the area. The staff were friendly and very welcoming. A hotel to be highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Whilst staying locally, my husband arranged for me to visit the spa for a flotation bath and massage. I have motility/nerve damage problems and was a bit concerned as I'm slow/stiff to move. The staff made me so welcome, and didn't try to hurry me, they made sure I was kept safe going upstairs, not rushing away and leaving me as has been my experience elsewhere. The manageress was so helpful I felt like a VIP. The masseuse was wonderful (she was Spanish) she listened and carried out the treatment exactly as I needed/ directed. I had tears in my eyes when I left because it was it had been the best experience I had had for such a long time. I plan to visit the area again soon, and you can guess where I'll be heading.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AllainG817
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Went as a party of four four Sunday Lunch on 15th September.
While the hotel looks elegant from a distance, as you drive closer, it became evident that the exterior timber work is in desperate need of renovation, That, coupled with an empty car park nearly put us off and we were considering cancelling our reservation! However, once inside, the public areas improve considerably and the furnishings are modern and tasteful, albeit again some areas are in great need of redecoration.
However, all the staff we encountered were welcoming and friendly. The service was efficient and the best part of all was that the food was of an excellent standard and delightfully presented. Prices are excellent value considering the quality of food served, and wines were very reasonable.
Sadly, we were the only diners so the restaurant was lacking a bit of atmosphere, but the food was good enough to convince me to dine here again. The hotel is clearly a "work in progress", and I look forward to seeing the end product in the future

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends