Only stayed the one night (27th June 2014) and was mightily impressed the moment I walked through the door.
From the outside the hotel looks very run-down and the carpark needed updating. I did note a lot of workmen around the front of the building and it was quite obvious that a great deal of renovation work was in progress. But once I walked through the old-fashioned porch doors I was quite surprised to see a thoroughly clean & modern reception area much like you get in the more expensive hotel chains like Hilton & Ramada etc.
The reception staff were extremely polite & helpful and check-in was a dream. Following the directions to my room I walked past the restaurant and other seating areas and again, very modern and simple.
My room (Rm 3) was lovely with a view of the front gardens. A cracking size Panasonic TV and the usual comforts one expects nowadays with Tea/Coffee making facilities and an en-suite bathroom & shower. I did find the lighting within the room to be darker than I expected and after having a shower I would normally draw the curtains etc, but on this occasion (due to the poor, in my opinion, lighting) I had to leave the curtains partially open. However, there were net curtains so that would hopefully (from the ouside) remove any embarrassment. The shower was very powerful but extremely controllable. Very user friendly.
Although, on this occasion, I was dining elsewhere I did have a quick look at the restaurant and dinner menu. Again, quite impressed at the choice for both 2 or 3 courses.
Breakfast was cooked to perfection. I didn't fancy a Full English but gave my requirements to the Hostess who was happy to accommodate me.
Checking out was just as easy as arrival and I even had a natter with the owners.
I will definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 52 Bedroom Hotel, Built in 1880 and set in seven acres of gardens, lawns and woodlands, the hotel is ideally situated for the Woodhall Spa Golf Club, village and surrounding tourist sights. The Golf Hotel is currently under new management and under going a full refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Golf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golf Hotel And Aqua Sante Spa
- The Golf Hotel & Aqua Sante Woodhall Spa
- Hotel Aqua Sante
- The Golf Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire