27th October 2007
Wife and I checked in very early, Reception was most helpful, instant attention, and we were immediately allocated a room.
A very good first impression.
Standard Rooms are not large, but are immaculate.
Bath towels are huge, and most luxurious. Ample hanging space and clothes hangars.
Shower in bath was very easy to adjust and very powerful. The worst fault we could find was that the clothes hooks on the bathhroom door were too high for a short reach comfortably.
Evening meal was excellent, as was breakfast the following morning.
Plenty of choice at breakfast, with the most delicious smoked bacon and real Lincolnshire sausages.
WiFi only available in a relatively small area by reception.
It would be nice if it was in the rooms, it is so much more convenient, particularly as there was an excellent desk with power points adjacent, and 2 chairs in our room.
All in all first class and well worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1905 and once home to the 617 'Dambusters' Squadron, the Hotel is situated in Lincolnshire and surrounded by 30 acres of beautiful gardens. This former country house offers free wi-fi, free car parking, log fires in the drawing room, a beauty and wellbeing studio, restaurant, terrace bar, RAF memorabilia, conference and banqueting facilities, wedding facilities with a licence for civil ceremonies, billiards room and outdoor entertaining area. A tranquil setting for both business and leisure guests.Rooms at the Petwood Hotel feature bathrooms with baths, showers and hairdryers. They also include TVs, radios, tea/coffee making facilities and some rooms have garden views. The Restaurant serves fine cuisine influenced by locally sourced produce. The hotel famous for it's RAF connection was used in World War II by the 617 Squadron, visit our Squadron Bar to view memorabilia and tributes to the Officers.Home of England Golf, the Woodhall Spa Golf Club is a 5 minute drive from the Petwood Hotel. Alternatively enjoy a stroll through our historic town, enjoy afternoon tea and lunch on the hotels terrace or pamper yourself with various beauty and massage treatments.The hotel is only a 2-minute stroll from Jubillee Park, which offers swimming and tennis or a 5-minute drive to Bainland Country Park offering bike hire, horse riding, microlight flying, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Petwood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petwood Hall Lincoln
- Petwood Hall Hotel Lincoln
- Petwood Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire