What a stunning hotel, the gardens were marvellous with lovely statues in the water features. The chap behind the bar really seemed to look down his nose at us, maybe it was my husbands jeans that put him off, he chucked his change at him across the bar! The food was lovely, hubby had roast beef sandwiches and I had pâté and toast. The ladies on the table next to us on the terrace had to ask several times about where there order was(it wasn't busy when they ordered but was by the time we left) and it still hadn't arrived when we went for a walk in the grounds, over half an hour later.
The food prices are reasonable and the food was good quality. We would visit again and would be aware of how we might dress for the barman!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1905 and once home to the 617 'Dambusters' Squadron, the Hotel is situated in Lincolnshire and surrounded by 30 acres of beautiful gardens. This former country house offers free wi-fi, free car parking, log fires in the drawing room, a beauty and wellbeing studio, restaurant, terrace bar, RAF memorabilia, conference and banqueting facilities, wedding facilities with a licence for civil ceremonies, billiards room and outdoor entertaining area. A tranquil setting for both business and leisure guests.Rooms at the Petwood Hotel feature bathrooms with baths, showers and hairdryers. They also include TVs, radios, tea/coffee making facilities and some rooms have garden views. The Restaurant serves fine cuisine influenced by locally sourced produce. The hotel famous for it's RAF connection was used in World War II by the 617 Squadron, visit our Squadron Bar to view memorabilia and tributes to the Officers.Home of England Golf, the Woodhall Spa Golf Club is a 5 minute drive from the Petwood Hotel. Alternatively enjoy a stroll through our historic town, enjoy afternoon tea and lunch on the hotels terrace or pamper yourself with various beauty and massage treatments.The hotel is only a 2-minute stroll from Jubillee Park, which offers swimming and tennis or a 5-minute drive to Bainland Country Park offering bike hire, horse riding, microlight flying, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Petwood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petwood Hall Lincoln
- Petwood Hall Hotel Lincoln
- Petwood Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire