This was our 4th visit to the Petwood hotel. This time we did not stay as the hotel had been fully booked for months so we just went for morning coffee and lunch and to the reunion.
This is a marvellous place. We love it. Set in beautiful grounds, with a fabulous interior with the famous connection to the 617 dam busters squadron.
The hotel looked beautiful, as it always does. And the staff are so friendly and so helpful.
The young man serving in the squadron bar couldn't be nicer and more helpful, and for his young age had extensive knowledge of the history of the hotel and the squadron.
This is a truly superb hotel, and often has WWII veterans staying. We were lucky enough to meet 4 war veteran's and the lovely Barnes Wallace's daughter.
Oh and lunch was good too !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1905 and once home to the 617 'Dambusters' Squadron, the Hotel is situated in Lincolnshire and surrounded by 30 acres of beautiful gardens. This former country house offers free wi-fi, free car parking, log fires in the drawing room, a beauty and wellbeing studio, restaurant, terrace bar, RAF memorabilia, conference and banqueting facilities, wedding facilities with a licence for civil ceremonies, billiards room and outdoor entertaining area. A tranquil setting for both business and leisure guests.Rooms at the Petwood Hotel feature bathrooms with baths, showers and hairdryers. They also include TVs, radios, tea/coffee making facilities and some rooms have garden views. The Restaurant serves fine cuisine influenced by locally sourced produce. The hotel famous for it's RAF connection was used in World War II by the 617 Squadron, visit our Squadron Bar to view memorabilia and tributes to the Officers.Home of England Golf, the Woodhall Spa Golf Club is a 5 minute drive from the Petwood Hotel. Alternatively enjoy a stroll through our historic town, enjoy afternoon tea and lunch on the hotels terrace or pamper yourself with various beauty and massage treatments.The hotel is only a 2-minute stroll from Jubillee Park, which offers swimming and tennis or a 5-minute drive to Bainland Country Park offering bike hire, horse riding, microlight flying, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Petwood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petwood Hall Lincoln
- Petwood Hall Hotel Lincoln
- Petwood Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire