Stayed here in April 2014 for three nights as a base for a trip to Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre for a ride on a Lancaster and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Petwood Hotel was ideal with plenty of WW2 RAF pictures and memorabilia around. We even chatted to a local historian in the Squadron Bar. There are lovely grounds to walk around.
Due to a mistake on our part we were shown a double room – we usually reserve a twin room. The receptionist was very helpful and organised a twin room. This transpired to be a ground floor room with a door out to the gardens – very nice to step straight out and stroll around the gardens.
The room was traditionally furnished and clean. But no safe. The bathroom had a small selection of the usual toiletries. The bath towels were very large and thick – some of the best towels we have experienced. Two minor criticisms of the bathroom were: very little storage space (no shelves for personal toiletries) and the soap dish above the bath did not drain – so there was some stagnant water in the dish.
We booked on the internet and the following day a representative called to let us know there would be a wedding whilst we were at the hotel. We were assured that our room would be well away from the noise of the wedding. A nice touch we thought, in case we were looking for a quiet break. In the event the only effect that wedding had was that a large group used the lounge one evening.
As already mentioned the receptionist was very helpful and we found all the staff very helpful and polite.
We dined in the main restaurant on two nights and the Terrace on one night. The food was very good. Breakfast was the usual cold fare plus a hot breakfast which was individually ordered and freshly cooked.
All in all a pleasant stay and convenient for WW2 sites. Lincoln was a 30 minute drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1905 and once home to the 617 'Dambusters' Squadron, the Hotel is situated in Lincolnshire and surrounded by 30 acres of beautiful gardens. This former country house offers free wi-fi, free car parking, log fires in the drawing room, a beauty and wellbeing studio, restaurant, terrace bar, RAF memorabilia, conference and banqueting facilities, wedding facilities with a licence for civil ceremonies, billiards room and outdoor entertaining area. A tranquil setting for both business and leisure guests.Rooms at the Petwood Hotel feature bathrooms with baths, showers and hairdryers. They also include TVs, radios, tea/coffee making facilities and some rooms have garden views. The Restaurant serves fine cuisine influenced by locally sourced produce. The hotel famous for it's RAF connection was used in World War II by the 617 Squadron, visit our Squadron Bar to view memorabilia and tributes to the Officers.Home of England Golf, the Woodhall Spa Golf Club is a 5 minute drive from the Petwood Hotel. Alternatively enjoy a stroll through our historic town, enjoy afternoon tea and lunch on the hotels terrace or pamper yourself with various beauty and massage treatments.The hotel is only a 2-minute stroll from Jubillee Park, which offers swimming and tennis or a 5-minute drive to Bainland Country Park offering bike hire, horse riding, microlight flying, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Petwood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petwood Hall Lincoln
- Petwood Hall Hotel Lincoln
- Petwood Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire