If there is anyone young enough out there to be a World War 2 avaition anorack then this is the hotel to stay at. Set in glourious Linconshire country with a forest in the grounds it is one of Englands most prestigious buildings. It was requisitioned in the war and used by the officiers of the Dam Busters (617) squadron and other squadrons. The hotel was superb. A slight minus point for a very frosty receptionist but after that all went well. The hotel only has 53 rooms and ours was large, very clean and overlooked the impressive rear gardens. Unlike some hotels all the bathroom toileteries were replaced on a daily basis including fresh bottled water daily. The breakfast was from a menu on the quieter days and was substantial, plenty of choise, and well cooked, on our last morning the hotel was pretty full and a buffet breakfast was available to the same high standard with a few ommisions. The bar service was flawless and not unreasonable priced for a hotel bar. The evening meals were excelent with special note that the starters were a grade above the main course which though were delicious had a tendancy to be covered with sauce. Service here too was descreit and timely. The hotel seems to thrive on functions and although there were three or four going on at any one time they were well managed and did not impinge on staying guests.
Special mention must be made of the pictures and memoribila around the hotel. A quite priceless collection of signed pictures and lots of information to accompany them. The 'Squadron Bar' was full of Dam Busters material and for me was quite the highlight of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1905 and once home to the 617 'Dambusters' Squadron, the Hotel is situated in Lincolnshire and surrounded by 30 acres of beautiful gardens. This former country house offers free wi-fi, free car parking, log fires in the drawing room, a beauty and wellbeing studio, restaurant, terrace bar, RAF memorabilia, conference and banqueting facilities, wedding facilities with a licence for civil ceremonies, billiards room and outdoor entertaining area. A tranquil setting for both business and leisure guests.Rooms at the Petwood Hotel feature bathrooms with baths, showers and hairdryers. They also include TVs, radios, tea/coffee making facilities and some rooms have garden views. The Restaurant serves fine cuisine influenced by locally sourced produce. The hotel famous for it's RAF connection was used in World War II by the 617 Squadron, visit our Squadron Bar to view memorabilia and tributes to the Officers.Home of England Golf, the Woodhall Spa Golf Club is a 5 minute drive from the Petwood Hotel. Alternatively enjoy a stroll through our historic town, enjoy afternoon tea and lunch on the hotels terrace or pamper yourself with various beauty and massage treatments.The hotel is only a 2-minute stroll from Jubillee Park, which offers swimming and tennis or a 5-minute drive to Bainland Country Park offering bike hire, horse riding, microlight flying, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Petwood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petwood Hall Lincoln
- Petwood Hall Hotel Lincoln
- Petwood Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire