“A Little Piece of Heaven - Wonderful People and Wonderful Village”
Review of Les Marguerites

Les Marguerites
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I just got back from a weekend staying at this wonderful renovated chateau in the charming village of Alet les Bains. The house is stunning and Antoinette and Keith have done a super job at making it both a home for their family as well as for guests. As hosts, they are super special souls that have put their hearts into converting a run-down building into a beautiful, comfortable, homey space where you can relax in beautiful French countryside. And, when you're there, you can tell that they have put so much love into making a dream come alive...i so thoroughly enjoyed my time with them as individuals but our room was huge - we stayed in the double connecting rooms. It's so clean/modern but charming and spacious. Great for larger groups but equally nice with just me and my friend so we could sleep separately. The bed is SUPER comfy and warm, there's a sitting room and the bathroom is larger than my kitchen at home! The village has a lovely restaurant in the local hotel, and a local bar as well (although it was closed when we were there). Didn't matter...we enjoyed a class of Blanquette at Les Marguerites in the sunshine in the garden! Enjoy your trip! Jennifer xx

There are newer reviews for Les Marguerites

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Don't think you could find a better place to stay anywhere. An absolutely beautiful old house, which has been sympathetically and beautifully restored by Antoinette and Keith. They have worked so hard to create a lovely family home, which is also an amazing Chambre D'Hote and creates a wonderful experience for guests. Everything from the beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms, the lovely warm and welcoming lounge and fantastic gardens are perfect and in such a beautiful and historical village. Antoinette and Keith are consummate hosts and provide fantastic local knowledge of the area, which is very helpful when it is your first visit to the area. Their children Tory, Abigail, Lydia and Louis are a credit to them and help make Les Marguerites a real home from home. Everything about our stay was perfect - the beds so comfortable, the bathroom huge and the breakfasts were all you could wish for. The evening meal we all shared around the table was one we will remember for a long time - such fun and laughter and the other guests helped make the evening so special. Antoinette's cooking is fantastic - especially her baking! If you are looking for a true experience of French life in a beautiful home, with the most amazing hosts then stay at Les Marguerites - you will not be disappointed! Antoinette and Keith - again thank you and we will be back.

Room Tip: We were in room 4 and this was lovely, with a huge bathroom. All the rooms looked gorgeous.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

You should not take compliments from previous reviewers as over-exaggerations. It's all true. Never have my wife and I felt so at home, and we have experienced many B&B's over the years. The welcome is far beyond the usual pleasantries and Antoinette multi-tasks in a way that leaves me almost speechless, because in no way does she neglect her children either. Other guests are sure to be interesting and will most likely be independent travellers in the area because they know there are so many fascinating places to see. Antoinette and Keith have integrated into Alet les Bains so well that they are very informative but also assist with translation if necessary. The location is spot-on for a full range of trips and activities but then there is always the relaxation in the garden. Don't hesitate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Highly recommened! Wonderful, friendly people. Great location and facilities. Delicious food! This is a real winner - you won't find better! The rooms have a good size and have a nice bathroom.
We'll go back next year.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

From the moment I arrived and took in the beauty of this stately and beautiful home I was relieved and thankful for the friend that recommended Les Marguerites. I traveled with a group that had rented a home just up the street and I was the only one staying here. Midway through half of the group was enjoying the wonderful breakfasts with me and the last evening we had a group dinner that Antoinette amazed us with her culinary skills! The room I stayed in was large, very clean and modern (something I wasn't expecting) and the bed was super comfortable for a great night's sleep each evening. I really enjoy the B&B experience and this one certainly did not disappoint. Antoinette was also a wealth of knowledge about the area and had some great suggestions. I will most certainly stay at Les Marguerites again on my return to France! I hope to bring my husband and son for the next visit and I know they will enjoy the roominess and grounds as well as the wonderful service and hospitality. You won't regret staying here, you'll be so glad you did!

Room Tip: I loved the room I stayed in, it was quiet and very roomy and modern. I did not check out the rest...
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Antoinette is the consummate host in providing a seamless stay for her guests. While laying out a delectable breakfast complete with eggs if desired, she chats about the local area, suggesting just the right small vineyard for a sampling of the wonderful bubbly known as blanquette famous in the region or giving a rundown of which neighboring villages have markets on what days. Antoinette and Keith have spent untold hours renovating this gracious historical mansion and adding all of the modern conveniences that travelers desire without changing those graceful features that define the house. Their four children are a perfect delight, helping to make this house a real home away from home for travelers. For a wonderful stay in a wonderful house with wonderful people, treat yourself to a stay at Les Marguerites with Antoinette and family.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We traveld around Spain for four weeks , on our way back to Holland we stayed in Les Marguerites: we had a lovely downstairs room with a nice bathroom annex. Everything is perfect , but the best part is the breakfast ,certainley the best in 4 weeks!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Roullens
La Moneze Basse
La Moneze Basse
#1 of 13 in Limoux

Been to Les Marguerites? Share your experiences!