“Exceeded our expectations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Aubin-Sur-Mer
Camping Sandaya la Cote de Nacre
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went to CDN at half term on a tesco deal with al fresco hols. holiday didn't get off to great start as we flashed by speed camera as we came off motorway heading into caen( thankfully not had ticket yet, 3 weeks later).
We had not holidayed in France for 7 years following a disappointing chalet ordeal in 2006! However, this was one of the best family weeks we have ever had, despite the weather being a little unsettled. The camp was great, clean, tidy and very modern. It is very close to the sea for a holiday park, and the facilities were excellent. My 12 and 9 year olds were like pigs in muck, thoroughly enjoying all the facilities and making many ' holiday friends'. The al fresco reps paul and sandy were very helpful without being obtrusive, which is something I really like.
Oustreheim beach near caen , (recommended by sandy)great beach to bathe and to fly kites!!
wifi in bar area great, if avoided at night when entertainment is on!
Only moans were no tv in mobile homes( usual in France), and drink prices in bar were too high.
€5.50 for a 1/2 litre beer in my opinion is excessive.
Great holiday and would definitely return to CDN. Well done al fresco.

Room Tip: Pay for luxe upgrade, as it includes modern patio furniture and a gas BBQ.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just got back from 7 nights at this site & it was a great base & location for the D Day events - We camped & had our own little 'garden' pitch, with a hedge for privacy. The reception staff were very friendly & spoke good English . The restaurant & bar were very sociable , the shop was reasonably priced , fresh bread every morning... Showers & toilets were exceptionally clean at all times - the small town on St Aubin has some nice restaurants & bars , the beach is. 5 min walk. The heated swimming pool is lovely if it's a little cool outdoors otherwise the water park is fantastic on warm days . This place is very well situated for any of the D Day locations . Have read some negative comments , but I can only write as I found it ...

Room Tip: Excellent base for D Day locations
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We are family of 4 with 2 boys, aged 10 and 12, and we loved this place. We booked through Brittany ferries as we got a deal that saved us 25℅ on the list price. It is just a few miles from Caen ferry terminal so easy to access.
The pool area was great. Despite the weather not being great, the outside area was still open. Lifeguards only seemed to appear at busy times though.
The site was nice and clean. Spacious, but not cramped, with plenty of facilities.
The Chalets were quite small, but clean and functional. The only downsides were no TV or oven.
St Aubin beach and promenade were just a 5-10 min walk away, and was lovely with plenty of cafes/restaurants and takeaways.
Ideally located to explore all the DDay beaches.
I will definitely use this site again and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Caen area.
Bayeux and the tapestry were a pleasant surprise, and certainly worth a day trip.

Room Tip: Avoid the chalets round the play areas if you need quiet early on as these stayed busy as long as th...
2  Thank Ljgreenfield
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Never has a human being left such a disgustingly bitter taste in my memory.

I stayed at Yelloh Village Cote de Nacre with my partner and her family in September 2013. All was going well until I experienced the most dreadful behaviour by the staff and was assaulted by the manager, Eric.

It all started when I bought a bottle of suncream from the site shop, and was charged €18! I didn't understand at the time as the blonde middle-aged lady behind the desk didn't speak to me in english, but after coutning my change later, I realised how much I had paid for a little bottle of spray.

Going back there after dinner, I cheerily explained to the lady that I didn't realise how much I'd paid, so I'd like to bring it back for a refund, as it's still sealed. She said "No, it's not possible", and when I asked why not, she suddenly became aggressive and animated, waving her hands at me and my partner and shouting at us both very quickly in French, using all sorts of dramatic and violent arm movement. I repeatedly said that we don't speak French very well, however she continued saying "No! No! It's not possible! If you buy a voiture, you cannot bring it back after you have been driving!".

I attempted using calm logic against her anger. I pointed out how ludricrous her comparison between buying a car and buying a small bottle of suncream was, but she would not budge. I then asked to speak to the manager, who she called on her rather decorative iPhone. I did not understand what she said, but by her tone and the amount of annoyed sighing I could tell that she was not singing my praises to her boss. I was then told that the manager is not available, and I would have to come back tomorrow.

In between this woman's fits of indigneous rage, she served another customer and said something in French, rolling her eyes and tutting. It was obvious that she was moaning about my partner and me.

The next day, I went to reception and spoke with Eric. On first appearences Eric looked like a nice chap, spectacles and greying hair, and a gentle enough voice to start with. I explained the situation with the sun cream, and that I only wanted a refund as I didn't understand the price of the item at the time. Eric began in a soft voice "Ah yes, monsieur, I heard about this yesterday." However, when he embarked upon a familiar story about buying a car, I had a horrible feeling that these people had practiced this before.

This was not going to end well.

Like the woman the previius day, Eric quickly transformed from a reasonable human into an animated, aggressive animal. Suffice to say, during Eric's increasingly vociferous rant, he insulted both me and my partner, and began acting in a violent manner with his hands. I asked Eric to please lower his voice, but he simply responded by shouting more loudly, lapsing into French as he barely contained his fury. It was at this point that I feared for my partner's safety and was ready to react physically to this horrible man should he continue to invade our personal spaces. He demanded loudly "Ugh! What do you want monsieur?! You want a refund?! Fine!!". He lunged forward and snatched the bottle out of my hand and stormed out of reception, slamming the glass door hard, and marched towards the shop, still ranting to himself in French.

This took me by surprise so much that I almost punched Eric, as I did not know what he was doing when he lunged towards me. A short time later, he stormed back into reception, slammed some coins on the desk with a bang, and stormed out into an office behind reception, slamming yet another door behind him. I was simply gobsmacked by his behaviour.

At this point, I was visibily shaking, and my partner was crying. We left the site shortly afterwards, and will never, ever consider staying there again, due to the mentally unstable and violent nature of the staff, who seem to think that shouting at and physically intimidating their customers to the point of tears is perfectly acceptable.

Avoid!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely quiet site -great location for exploring D day beaches. Only ten min walk to beach at St Aubin. Lovely Chalet -3 beds, microwave, fridge/freezer.Very clean, bed rather lumpy ! Nice pool, indoor pool lovely and warm but small. Outdoor pool was meant to be heated but was freezing. Great play area and bouncy castles. Site had a nice family feel to it. Will be going back next year as we didnt get around to seeing everything the surrounding area had to offer !

Room Tip: We stayed in chalet 58 which is at back of site - we were the last chalet in a dead end so had no on...
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

A great holiday camp with good facilities for a family holiday and friendly staff. It made the perfect base for a holiday exploring this part of France.
The accommodation was good and the camp layout is great. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Noel K
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Booked four days at the camping with my 2 girls. Everything looked good until we realised they had opened the day before and nothing was open or ready for us. The pool wasn't heated, kids club only opened after 2 days. Outside pool wasn't open the whole time we were there. Asked staff and they said the management left it too late to get it ready.
The restaurant was very limited and very expensive. Was over charged all the time to what the menu said. No vegetables or salad!
Then on the last two days there were 300 army guys staying there so we couldn't use the restaurant and no kids disco, and this in a family resort!
Plus points- EuroCamp staff are great! They go out there way to help (Mark) also the kids club guy Victor is amazing with the kids and great fun for them.
Shame as it's a great looking camp but it was a total let down.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ShirleyWilko
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Aubin-Sur-Mer
Camping Port'Land
#1 of 3 in Saint-Aubin-Sur-Mer
De Normandie
De Normandie
#3 of 3 in Saint-Aubin-Sur-Mer

Been to Camping Sandaya la Cote de Nacre? Share your experiences!