I stayed at the Finca over a long weekend and from the hired car that picked me up at the Malaga train station all the way until the end of my stay, everything was just pure pure bliss.
If you're not the type who is worried about the cost and is willing splurge and indulge, this is definitely the place. The rooms are amazing, the food is delicious, the place itself is beautiful and the service is sublime.
However, there really isn't much outside the Finca and Marbella is quite a drive away. So unless you like to lounge by the pool, or spa or play golf, then you don't really have anything to worry about.
I decided to travel here on a whim; I had so much work on my hands, I decided to take a trip to this southern part of Spain and to take some time off and clear my head.
This was my first time to travel solo and of course, I was quite reluctant. All the staff in the resort were so extremely hospitable, accommodating and friendly that it didn't feel awkward at all being by myself.
I had an amazing stay at the Finca, the rooms are divine, and the surroundings absolutely beautiful. If your ideal vacation is golf, the spa, the pool and doing absolutely nothing, then this is the ideal place.
Everything is superb, from the food, accommodations and service. It's definitely quite a splurge, but it's definitely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Spanish Costa del Sol between Marbella and Sotogrande, overlooking the warm Mediterranean there is a place where nature gently vanishes into the deep blue sea. A private community that offers members a personal sanctuary in an environment not found anywhere else. For those seeking an emotional connection to where they live this is arguably the last great property available by the Mediterranean. This impressive resort is located in one of the most peaceful and upcoming areas of the Mediterranean coast in the municipality of the picturesque village of Casares, just 1.500m from the beach and within easy access, by motorway, to the international airports of Málaga and Gibraltar. Set on a 215-hectare estate, 150 of which is designated green belt area, the development centres around 5 extensive areas: Hotel, Golf, Spa and Sports Club, Beach Club and Residential Area. Hotel Finca Cortesin is designed to enchant every one of the senses. The hotel's fresh but grand design is inspired by traditional Andalusian architecture and gives every area a big, bright and luxuriously spacious feel that is so rare in Europe. Built around two principle courtyards with palatial proportions, the hotel has 67 large, luminous and exquisitely designed suites with lofty 4m high ceilings ranging from 50 to 200m². With 23.000 m2 of manicured gardens, luxurious spa, 3 pools, tennis and paddle courts, impressive 6.000 m2 beach club, exquisite cuisine and an ambiance of tranquility, elegance and refinement, it is a destination that invites you to return. Come discover why Finca Cortesin has been named the 'Best National Resort' in the country by Conde Nast Traveller magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf Hotel Casares