We have eaten at Shilo on a number of occasions as we have an apartment near by and every time we spend the next 48 hours taking about how wonderful it is. To spend that much time talking about asparagus tempura means it must be special. I always have the tasting menu and despite it not changing very often it is a wonderful treat each and every time. superb food and presentation. A little more formal than I would like and the comment on a little too fast service i have seen on other reviews is quite true. the stool for the handbag is definitely a nice touch! Leave enough time to sit out in bar and have a nice gin and tonic first. The hotel and spa are also beautiful and the 5 course breakfast can tke you through the whole day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Spanish Costa del Sol between Marbella and Sotogrande, overlooking the warm Mediterranean there is a place where nature gently vanishes into the deep blue sea. A private community that offers members a personal sanctuary in an environment not found anywhere else. For those seeking an emotional connection to where they live this is arguably the last great property available by the Mediterranean. This impressive resort is located in one of the most peaceful and upcoming areas of the Mediterranean coast in the municipality of the picturesque village of Casares, just 1.500m from the beach and within easy access, by motorway, to the international airports of Málaga and Gibraltar. Set on a 215-hectare estate, 150 of which is designated green belt area, the development centres around 5 extensive areas: Hotel, Golf, Spa and Sports Club, Beach Club and Residential Area. Hotel Finca Cortesin is designed to enchant every one of the senses. The hotel's fresh but grand design is inspired by traditional Andalusian architecture and gives every area a big, bright and luxuriously spacious feel that is so rare in Europe. Built around two principle courtyards with palatial proportions, the hotel has 67 large, luminous and exquisitely designed suites with lofty 4m high ceilings ranging from 50 to 200m². With 23.000 m2 of manicured gardens, luxurious spa, 3 pools, tennis and paddle courts, impressive 6.000 m2 beach club, exquisite cuisine and an ambiance of tranquility, elegance and refinement, it is a destination that invites you to return. Come discover why Finca Cortesin has been named the 'Best National Resort' in the country by Conde Nast Traveller magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf Hotel Casares
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf And Spa