Finca Cortesin is superb!!! We have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, many of which I've never reviewed on line because that was prior to my days of writing on Tripadvisor. However, of all the great hotels we've stayed in, Finca Cortesin is by far the most luxurious!
We were fortunate to stay in a pool suite and we highly recommend it. The pool was quite large for a plunge pool, though shallow (just a couple of feet deep) and a very mild temperature like bath water. Our room was absolutely stunning - a blend of traditional and modern decor with every possible amenity. The beds were incredibly comfortable; the bathrooms were luxurious with a large tub and separate shower, two sinks and plenty of closet space; the living room area was wonderful, as well.
The grounds and the gardens are beautifully landscaped and the three pools are divine. We spent most of our time lounging in a cabana at the adult-only pool which is olympic sized and very luxurious. The spa looked quite lovely and the indoor pool there is also large and luxurious. However, we never got around to spending time at the spa which is unusual for us. We were just so happy lounging at the adult pool or at our own plunge pool.
The beach club is very nice but you do have to take a shuttle (only 5 minutes) to get there and the beaches along the Costa del Sol really aren't that great. It is so terribly overbuilt that the beaches just aren't very pretty. While we enjoyed an afternoon at the beach club, we felt that the adult pool on the hotel property was much nicer so we spent most of our time there.
The food and service were outstanding at the hotel. We loved eating outside at El Jardin for breakfast each morning. In fact, the breakfasts were truly the best we've ever had anywhere! We loved El Jardin so much that we ate there several nights. The service is very refined and the waiters were charming and very polished. We ate at the Italian restaurant on the property one night and it is wonderful, as well. It is a bit more casual but still really great food. Also, El Jardin has a band that plays each night and it is such a wonderful addition. They aren't too loud - just right - and they have a huge repertoire which was really appealing to everyone.
A number of families were there with small children and, while we love kids, we aren't always thrilled to see them when we're trying to have a relaxing stay on vacation. However, the hotel is small in terms of numbers of rooms (maybe 65) but very spacious and spread out in terms of the architecture. As a result, we were never bothered by the noise at all. Also, perhaps because it is a very expensive hotel, most of the well-to-do families had very well-behaved and polite children. We were able to enjoy a romantic getaway while being amidst some very sophisticated families and their adorable kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Spanish Costa del Sol between Marbella and Sotogrande, overlooking the warm Mediterranean there is a place where nature gently vanishes into the deep blue sea. A private community that offers members a personal sanctuary in an environment not found anywhere else. For those seeking an emotional connection to where they live this is arguably the last great property available by the Mediterranean. This impressive resort is located in one of the most peaceful and upcoming areas of the Mediterranean coast in the municipality of the picturesque village of Casares, just 1.500m from the beach and within easy access, by motorway, to the international airports of Málaga and Gibraltar. Set on a 215-hectare estate, 150 of which is designated green belt area, the development centres around 5 extensive areas: Hotel, Golf, Spa and Sports Club, Beach Club and Residential Area. Hotel Finca Cortesin is designed to enchant every one of the senses. The hotel's fresh but grand design is inspired by traditional Andalusian architecture and gives every area a big, bright and luxuriously spacious feel that is so rare in Europe. Built around two principle courtyards with palatial proportions, the hotel has 67 large, luminous and exquisitely designed suites with lofty 4m high ceilings ranging from 50 to 200m². With 23.000 m2 of manicured gardens, luxurious spa, 3 pools, tennis and paddle courts, impressive 6.000 m2 beach club, exquisite cuisine and an ambiance of tranquility, elegance and refinement, it is a destination that invites you to return. Come discover why Finca Cortesin has been named the 'Best National Resort' in the country by Conde Nast Traveller magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf Hotel Casares
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf And Spa