My boyfriend and I and our 2 yr old daughter had booked a 5-night stay at the Marbella Club in early September. On arrival we were more than a little disappointed with the condition of the hotel, the grounds and the general lack of any atmosphere in the bars and restaurants. My boyfriend's family recommended the newly opened Hotel Finca Cortesin gladly so we packed up our things & checked out early.
As soon as we arrived at the Finca Cortesin we knew we'd made the right decision, absolutely everything was beautiful ... including most of the reception staff! We were made to feel very welcome by all and promptly shown to our room. We'd booked an Executive Suite, it was almost half the price of the dingy little room we had at the MC but was atleast twice the size and was totally amazing. The interior was very tasteful, we had a large sitting room, a separate good sized bedroom and a lovely bathroom. The high ceilings made the rooms feel bright, airy and very spacious indeed. The double doors in both the rooms lead onto an impressive private terrace with views across the stunning black swimming pool, down across the mountain and out to sea. The room had all the top of the range mod to's you'd expect from any good 5 * hotel, including large flat screen tv's in both rooms etc.
Downstairs the hotel has a fantastic gym, with an abundance of cardio equipment, free weights etc. There's also a lovely indoor swimming pool, Steam room, sauna, ice cold plunge pool and a snow room Which our young daughter found highly amusing!
I really can not speak too highly about this hotel, it is so beautiful, the staff are friendly and very attentive, the rooms were absolutely gorgeous. I would be very happy to, and will be recommending it to everyone we know. It's great for couples without children as they do have a pool for adults only if you want to escape the noise. For couples with young children, like ourselves it's also great as they have fantastic facilities babysitting Which We made use of. The only thing that upset us was that we did not find this place sooner and spend our entire break there. We are already planning to go back for a long weekend with friends in late October and I can not wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Spanish Costa del Sol between Marbella and Sotogrande, overlooking the warm Mediterranean there is a place where nature gently vanishes into the deep blue sea. A private community that offers members a personal sanctuary in an environment not found anywhere else. For those seeking an emotional connection to where they live this is arguably the last great property available by the Mediterranean. This impressive resort is located in one of the most peaceful and upcoming areas of the Mediterranean coast in the municipality of the picturesque village of Casares, just 1.500m from the beach and within easy access, by motorway, to the international airports of Málaga and Gibraltar. Set on a 215-hectare estate, 150 of which is designated green belt area, the development centres around 5 extensive areas: Hotel, Golf, Spa and Sports Club, Beach Club and Residential Area. Hotel Finca Cortesin is designed to enchant every one of the senses. The hotel's fresh but grand design is inspired by traditional Andalusian architecture and gives every area a big, bright and luxuriously spacious feel that is so rare in Europe. Built around two principle courtyards with palatial proportions, the hotel has 67 large, luminous and exquisitely designed suites with lofty 4m high ceilings ranging from 50 to 200m². With 23.000 m2 of manicured gardens, luxurious spa, 3 pools, tennis and paddle courts, impressive 6.000 m2 beach club, exquisite cuisine and an ambiance of tranquility, elegance and refinement, it is a destination that invites you to return. Come discover why Finca Cortesin has been named the 'Best National Resort' in the country by Conde Nast Traveller magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf Hotel Casares
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf And Spa