My wife and I stayed at the Finca Cortesin in august for the first leg of our honeymoon and we were truly amazed by the overall experience. From the outset, the experience was fantastic. Having arrived late from London, the receptionist at checkin was efficient and courteous. This set an immediate positive tone! Throughout the duration of the stay, the hotel staff were excellent in all areas and were always close by without being intrusive.
Our suite surpassed the description and photos used on the web. The room was enormous with excellent bathroom facilities and amazing mountain views.
The leisure facilities in the hotel also surpassed expectations with 3 pools and numerous spa and gym facilities. As neither of us are golfers we made extensive use of these facilities. It is worth noting that the hotel has only 67 rooms and hence the facilities were never over crowded.
Finally, the hotel has a number of restaurants which serve different types of food at different times if the day. The breakfast is an experience and we sampled all restaurants during the visit with the Italian restaurant, don giovannis, ranking as our favourite.
In summary, I have stayed at numerous 5 star locations globally and this is best hotel I have stayed at so far. I recently recommended this hotel to a colleague in my investment bank and he was also amazed with the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Spanish Costa del Sol between Marbella and Sotogrande, overlooking the warm Mediterranean there is a place where nature gently vanishes into the deep blue sea. A private community that offers members a personal sanctuary in an environment not found anywhere else. For those seeking an emotional connection to where they live this is arguably the last great property available by the Mediterranean. This impressive resort is located in one of the most peaceful and upcoming areas of the Mediterranean coast in the municipality of the picturesque village of Casares, just 1.500m from the beach and within easy access, by motorway, to the international airports of Málaga and Gibraltar. Set on a 215-hectare estate, 150 of which is designated green belt area, the development centres around 5 extensive areas: Hotel, Golf, Spa and Sports Club, Beach Club and Residential Area. Hotel Finca Cortesin is designed to enchant every one of the senses. The hotel's fresh but grand design is inspired by traditional Andalusian architecture and gives every area a big, bright and luxuriously spacious feel that is so rare in Europe. Built around two principle courtyards with palatial proportions, the hotel has 67 large, luminous and exquisitely designed suites with lofty 4m high ceilings ranging from 50 to 200m². With 23.000 m2 of manicured gardens, luxurious spa, 3 pools, tennis and paddle courts, impressive 6.000 m2 beach club, exquisite cuisine and an ambiance of tranquility, elegance and refinement, it is a destination that invites you to return. Come discover why Finca Cortesin has been named the 'Best National Resort' in the country by Conde Nast Traveller magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf Hotel Casares
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf And Spa