“Absolute relaxation!”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Carly L
London, United Kingdom
“Absolute relaxation!”
Reviewed 2 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

From the moment we got to the retreat we were relaxed. Set amongst the mountains the DDG Retreat is complete escapism. The staff were beyond helpful (even the resident alsatians looked out for us!) There is no need to leave the retreat as Olga puts on a great menu for breakfast and dinner. Olga also suggested some wonderful places to eat when we wanted to get out and about (Venta Garcia was amazing!)

We had the pool area to ourselves most of the time (sun worshipping brits!) But with only 5 villas on the property even at full capacity it would not be crowed.

We were luckily enough to have a massage and facial while we were there which was also brilliant.

Will definitely be going back.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
london
Reviewed 1 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Brighton
Reviewed 31 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Your age range 35-44
Management Response
31 Aug 2011
Dear Dorian, I'm very sorry that you have felt so upset and let down by our 'dismisal' service! Prior to your arrival we have exchanged many mails and I have explained that we ask our clients to choose same set of meals because my mother is the only one who cooks meals for our clients and she would just not manage to cook 4 seperate dishes for our clients. So to keep it fresh and hot we ask our clients to choose same set of meals and we clearly state it on our online menu. You have spent a lot of time on our website prior to arrival and this should not come as a suprise to you .Further more I have sent you a text message and about this and have explained why we served same meals and in order to keep our service good and meals hot but by the sound of it you would have been unhappy about it anyway. We have a list of services and prices in each Casa making it clear about the costs. So if you have been to a Hotel where the mini bar or in room service if free of charge then please do let me know. Prior to your arrival you have stated that you wanted to have dinner and Spa treatments hence my question regarding it during your stay if we should organize something for you. If you remember correctly I have offered you an upgrade cost for casa Oleandro for 50% discount and was very happy to welcome you with us. So apart from the 'awful' and unpleasant suprise for the fact that you have to pay for your drinks at the Hotel and 'no views' as the fence is there to protect your privacy at your house but I'm guessing that if the fence was not there you would have complained about lack of privacy but good views? I hope your girlfriend who has kindly offered to pay for your upgrade and the drinks that you have used did not feel as upset as you feel. We sincerely appologize for not being a great place for you and of course there are better places out there. Kind Regards, Daria
germany

Reviewed 11 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Your age range 45-54
Gibraltar
Reviewed 9 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing