“Simple home cooking”

Add it.
Meson Los Cloucles
Ranked #26 of 34 Restaurants in Casares
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We visited Casares for the first time in 20 years. Last time we sat on the roof of the main restaurant in the square which was OK but we thought we would try somewhere different this time. Walking into the village from the bus stop keeping the fountain on the left we saw Meson Los Cloucles up on the right and decided to give it a go. We got a menu. The proprietor does not speak much English so we . ordered a salad for two which would have done 3 or 4 people. My husband chose the beef stew which was very tender and delicious. You could taste the herbs it had been marinated in and that arrived with the sort of proper chips my mother used to make. I had the Spanish omelette with potato which was as it should be moist inside but I wish I had chosen the beef. We had a bottle of good Rioja followed by coffee. This was not fast food but we were happy to take our time and will visit again when next in the area. I understood from the proprietor tha the had just started up his business.