Springbok Lodge
US$78
  • Pool
The Nest Hotel(Cathkin Park)
US$126
US$154
  • Breakfast included
US$163
  • Pool
Cathedral Peak Hotel(Giants Castle Game Reserve)
US$254
  • Breakfast included
Harrismith Inn(Harrismith)
TripAdvisor
Sierra Resort(Mooi River)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewselectric blanketsgame drivesthe reservelovely outdoor showerluxury tentscomplimentary sherryhis knowledgesense of humourwonderful experienceair conditioningbubble bathfantastic dayswelcome drinktea and coffeeevening drivebush experiencelittle touches
Reviewed 17 April 2014

i recently spent two very memorable nights at the Springbok lodge. Every detail was excellent and greg, our ranger made an outstanding experience even more special. I cannot recommend the springbok lodge enough and will definetly be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Springbok Lodge is an amazing lodge. Food and Accommodation are very pleasant and could fault anything.

Game drives were comfortable, even if did have a puncture and a typical African Thunderstorm. Game was awesome and its great to get so close to the animals in a natural environment.

I think Springbok Lodge is great value for money and would recommend to any wildlife enthusiast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here for my birthday last month and it was indeed a memorable one.

The well-kept room was spacious with bath tub anf an outdoor shower. The bed was comfortable with an electric blanket.The huge windows allowed the breeze to get into the room even at lunch time when it is warm and sunny. Sufficient toiletries were provided in the room.There was a warm bath waiting for me when I came back from an afternoon game drive. What a thoughful gesture!

The game drives were really good. Though the animal population wasn't that big, we went with a very good ranger (Jonathan) who made us see the big 4. We had a really close encounter with the elephants. He even drove us to the area where we saw rhinos from afar. He made sure everyone was having a great time.

The food was average though though.. the lunch selection had only one choice of meat but it was fine. The lamb chops I had for dinner was bland but I must say I had one of the best malva pudding in this place. The breakfast was a surprise. Having it outdoor was a really brilliant idea!

The lodge staff were really accomodating especially at the restaurant. The service was prompt as well which is not a common thing as I've noticed in African restaurants.

The place is very relaxing and I would consider staying at this place again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 8 which is close to the main lodge.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I spent just the one night at Springbok Lodge and from the warm and welcoming staff, the quality of the accommodation through to the knowledgeable and friendly rangers thought the experience was perfect.

Accommodation is a tent, but this is no normal tent, you have your own veranda overlooking the reserve, a huge bed, normal (as opposed to bush) facilities and a lovely outdoor shower (no-one can see you!)

We went on two game drives seeing lions, wildebeest, elephants, giraffe, hippo's buffalo and a number of other animals - it really was fantastic. The rangers know their stuff and made each drive interesting.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

All I can say is Wow. Springbok Lodge definitely went above and beyond my expectations. I planned to propose to my girlfriend on the weekend the 17th - 19th of Jan 2014. Every email that went back and forth was perfectly detailed to exactly what ii required. Wendy and her team did a fantastic job. Special thanks to Shannon, Steven, Chandre and all the staff at Springbok. All of the staff are super friendly and always willing to help any time you need them. The layout of the lodge is just stunning. The view from the Main Deck (and our 5 Star Luxury Tent No.1) was absolutely breath-taking. The game drives hosted by our Ranger Steven were really something special. His knowledge of the reserve was excellent (and that's only after two months of being employed there). Big 5 was seen everyday and we were fortunate enough to see the Pride of Lions hunting a herd of Zebra and a few wildebeest. Our proposal was by far the highlight of our weekend. Springbok really pulled of the Engagement of the Century. We will definitely be going back and hopefully stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple