“This is the one!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Florida
“This is the one!!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I made a mistake and wrote a review for the wrong Pedra Alta. This is the one we went to. Get there early!! We got there at 6:30 and there were a lot of people waiting. They opened the doors a few minutes later. The place is not like most French restaurants. It is very large and the table do not bump into each other.
When you look at the menu and see the prices you might make the mistake I made. One dish seems expensive until I learned it would feed two people and a child easily. That make the dish very reasonable.
I ordered pork chops and was told to tell them it was for one. The "normal" order is for two.
All of the food was well prepared and very good. I don't know how anyone could not like this restaurant. Okay. The waiters might not be what one would expect in another country, but this is France. I wouldn't classify them as "French Waiters" but they were a bit slow. I do have to say the place was full at 7:30. When we left about 9 there was a large group of people waiting to get in.
I look forward to going here the next time we are in Paris.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank watercop

Heerhugowaard
“A disappointment!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Yes, the portions are huge. And for the amount of food you get, the prices are low. But the service was terrible and the food did not in any way resemble real Portuguese food, which is simple but usually of excellent quality. The decor is tacky. We were placed close to two tables with large groups and could not talk because of the noise. The waiter didn't give a damn, mixed up our orders, didn't bother to fill our wine glasses. The meat was burnt. The fish and gambas were overcooked. A very disappointing meal!

• Visited May 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Best steak and seafood in France!”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have had some bad dining experiences in France. maybe it's because as an American, I perfer my seafood cooked...I did not have that kind of experience at Pedra Alta. The seafood is excellant, but the steaks are some of the best i have had ANYWHERE! Now I love my steaks, so I consider myself an expert! The meat is tender, well prepared, cooked the way you request, quickly, and most of all..it is vvery resaonably priced.

Seem to good to be true, well, with most meals, a salad, vegetable and potatoe are included. arrive hungrey, because they will give you more than most people can consume. Also, if you like something to compliment your meal, try theeir homemade Sangria wine. The wait staff are friendly, speak very good English, are very responsive to your needs and over all this is one of the best diining experiences I have had in Europe.

• Visited February 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“a great place for seafood”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I've visited this restaurant 3 times. The seafood is fresh and delicious. The service is efficient. The portions are huge. You even get a doggy bag if you want. The interior is nice but somewhat noisy. You cann't make reservation so don't come late if you don't want to queue at the entrance.

• Visited July 2012