“Absolutely fantastic!”
Review of Tayto Castle Tours

Tayto Castle Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Tandragee
More attraction details
Owner description: Set deep in the heart of the Ulster countryside is Tayto Castle where Tayto have been making some of the world’s best loved crisps and snacks since 1956. The Tayto Castle tour allows you to experience the magic of Tayto, see firsthand how our famous crisps and snacks are made and even meet our brand mascot, Mr Tayto.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Such a fabulous place to visit! Lovely staff who are friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Visited as a family with three children, and all of us had a fantastic time. The tour was great and full of lots of great information. Such a surprise to find out how much hard work goes into a bag of crisps! This truely is a great experience for adults and children alike. One tip is not to come full as you definitely will be by the end if the visit sampling all the lovely flavours and types. Best place we have visited this summer thanks Tayto!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Firstly I have say that I did a recent tour of another northern ireland favourite and Jill in tayto was miles more interested, interesting, enthusiastic and funny than our guide at the other tourist spot. She is totally in the right job and is a real people person. The tour was interesting, informative and the tayto crisps at the end was a nice touch. We had 3 kids aged 5, 10 and 12 and they all loved it. It lasted around 2 hours and I thought it was great value. I would liked to have known some facts like how many bags they produce in a year, how many people work at the factory, how far the packaging used in a month would stretch etc etc. I would totally recommend it and I'm sure the other guides are great also. 5 stars all round. Thanks Jill.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've always wanted to visit Tayto Castle but left it too late to book last year. Better organised this year and brought the two kids, aged 9 and 10. We were well warned about the smells and noise so I was prepared for the boys' complaints (they have sensory issues). Being the real factory floor and not a simulated experience made it all the more interesting. Unfortunately our tour clashed with tea breaks so we didn't get to see some of the machinery in action but we got the gist of it. Leonora was a great guide and interacted well with the kids, without allowing them to mess about - it gave mum a break from having to reel them in lol!!! Gift shop at the end had very reasonably priced items and all the staff were patient and kind as my two took forever to choose what they wanted! The best crisps in the world by far and a great "real" tourist experience.

1  Thank Holly1995
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Visited as part of training course for young people. Lenore was our guide, and was absolutely fantastic, patient, informative and made the tour really interesting for the young people.
I would visit again, and would recommend this as a must do visit for anyone.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Thank you Jill for taking us on our tour. We really appreciate you showing us around the factory. We now know lots and lots about how our favourite crisps are made. It was great to see the work of a factory up close - to see, to hear, to smell and taste!! All the pupils and staff from Glengormley High School had a really enjoyable day and we especially enjoyed all the free crisps. Many Thanks :)