“Very good and very bad”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Limbiate
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Very good and very bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

First the very good. I arrived on a Saturday at 0830 from the USA. Check in is 1200. Even tough it was 0230 my time the Front desk did their absolute best and found me a clean, fresh room by 0850! Much earlier Than I anticipated! Outstanding service!

Also, I stay in hotels 200 nights per year, every, year and have done so for the past 30 plus years. Without question this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. No matter what time of day as I moved through the hotel I found someone from the staff cleaning something, either the lobby, common areas, restaurant, lounge, etc. My room was spotless and fresh smelling for the seven days I stayed there. Superb!

Now for the bad. Worst Internet ever. In seven days I had to reconnect to the Internet over 200 times and I see as I write this review it has disconnected again. Hey, this is 2012. Get your act together! There is no excuse for Internet service this poor. It doesn't matter whether I am connected via an iPad, iPhone or PC. It stinks here, in the rooms and in the restaurant and lobby.

Breakfast is excellent but would it hurt to have the waitress smile at least once per week? She seems so depressed!

Also, being American I like my room temperature closer to 17 degrees not 24. Every morning I awoke drenched in sweat. This hotel is way to warm for me!

Corso Como 52 is five star and reviewed separately. You must try the restaurant even if you do not stay here.

This hotel is near a corporate office that I will visit again in the future so it is convenient. I look forward to staying here in the cooler months but not in the hotter ones. Hope they can resolve the Internet access issues.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for your positive review following your stay with us; it really is appreciated.

thanks to your complaint, we've fixed all the problems with the wi-fi in all the areas, and all the losing-signals matters are now over.

Glad to hear that you were delighted with everything and I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again on a future trip to Milan.

kindest regards

Roberto Fele

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Αίγιο, Ελλάδα
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

It is a very modern hotel with a nice decoration and big rooms. Both of our rooms had tow beds plus a sofa, so we had the space to host our friends from the next room and use the sofa as a sitting area.This is the reason we will book again in this hotel for our next trip. The breakfast was nice and the staff very friendly. We had a car, so the location was not problem for us. We are waiting to go back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sofa
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Panagiotis-T71
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Tripadvisor,

we're grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write this pleasant review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

By all our crew: THANKS

kind regards,

Roberto Fele - Hotel Manager - As Hotel LImbiate Fiera -
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

When we went to Milan we thought it would take forever to get to this hotel but the train journey from Milano Cadorna to Bovisio only takes 30 minutes. The hotel is then a 5 minute walk away from the station. The location of the hotel would be perfect if you had a car (halfway between Milan and Lake Como) but the fact we didn't, wasn't a problem.

Walk 2 minutes down the road from the hotel and you're presented with a very large shopping centre. It has everything you could want. Great shops, great food, and a massive supermarket. Even if you don't speak a word of Italian the people there are really helpful and try their best to understand you.

You can't miss the hotel as it's the biggest building on the roundabout with a massive 'AS HOTEL' sign on the side. As soon as you walk into the foyer of the hotel you will be amazed at how clean, modern and fresh the appearance is. The reception staff all speak English and couldn't have been more helpful and polite. Even on your way up to your room you'll notice how modern the lifts are with TV's and huge mirrors, that are again spotlessly clean.

The room was amazing, exactly how they describe it, modern and fresh. I don't know where to begin describing it because no matter what I say, it won't do it the justice it deserves. Our room had a massive king size bed which was beautifully made up, a dressing table with a kettle and all the normal bits you need to make a coffee or tea. Above the dressing table was an enormous mirror. Within this mirror was the TV. I've never seen a TV in a mirror before but it was very impressive, you can't even see it when you're looking around the room and we only noticed it when we pressed the power button on the remote! There was two large wardrobes with two draws each for plenty of clothes. We had a sofa in our room, which was very comfortable, and a small coffee table. The bathroom was also amazing. Another large mirror and a hydro massage shower. A large sink and hair-dryer. We also received some very nice little shower gels and bath creams from the hotel.

The breakfast in the morning was lovely. Well presented with a large choice of what to have. I'd love to know if you couldn't find something there that you didn't fancy eating, or at least trying. There's also a nice little seating area outside the bar when you can enjoy the Italian heat. We didn't get a chance to go to 'Corso Como 52', the hotel's restaurant but the food looked great.

If you're going to Milan or somewhere nearby then this hotel is perfect. The 4 stars it has on the front is definitely an understatement, it's 5 stars without a shadow of a doubt. Give this hotel a chance and you'll see just how brilliant it is...

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Dear Alex,

Many thanks for your recent stay with us and for sharing your views on Tripadvisor.

We are so glad to hear that we could make your stay here a comfortable and a pleasant experience. Our crew members are delighted to receive your positive review, this will certainly encourage and motivate them to offer similar and more enhanced guest experiences to our valued guests in days to come.

Please, share your experience with all your friends, and come to visit once again in the next future.

Kindest,

Roberto Fele - Manager - As Hotel LImbiate Fiera
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

My son and I loved this hotel! The staff were very friendly and attentive.
Our room was an oasis of calm, it is clean and comfy.
Food was good too,especially the buffet breakfast and Mojitos were particularly powerful:)
Thanks Theresa-barmaid of the year!
But I must agree that the hotel is probably best suited for someone with a car.
It was very handy to have the Carrefour centre nearby-good for reasonable food,
chemist was a God send...
we also discovered a great pizza place 5mins walk away,they deliver to the hotel!
Please don't let the remoteness put you off,once you get to grips with the train timetable,
you can make the most of your trip to Milan. Enjoy...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
DEAR GUEST,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at AS HOTEL LIMBIATE FIERA. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback concerning the hotel crew, and our wonderful buffet breakfast, always rich of fresh and genuine products made to wish all our guests a good start-day.

I will share your comments with my crew.

I look forward to welcoming you back at As Hotels

Kindest,

Roberto Fele - AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera -
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Very nice hotel, very new, very comfortable, very clean, very modern..

I think the hotel is ideal if you will visit Milan and Lake Como (especially by car), since the hotel is located in between the two (closer to Milan).
If you have a car + navigator, you won't have any problem finding the hotel, and it's absolutely worth the effort, as you stay at a 5 star quality at very reasonable prices compared to same quality hotels.
If you don't have a car, the hotel provides free ride to and from the nearest train station which we used on the day we went to Milan, leaving our car at the hotel (as it's forbidden to enter Milan city center with cars, you have to park around the city and take a metro to the Milan city center).

The breakfast had lots of quality choices available, type of breakfast you can find in 5 star hotels. There's a nearby Carrefour shopping center which we went two of the evenings to have dinner and shop around.

Even our standard room had a large double bed and a sofa bed prepared with clean sheets and pillows for two more people, so though I had planned to sleep with my two small children in the large double bed, it was a nice surprise to be able to have them sleep in the sofa bed, and sleep in a king bed by myself :)

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel, and then returned back and stayed one more night, cancelling our last night stay at the awful hotel (affittacamare actually) in La Spezia..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Namrunnn
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Dear Reviewer

I have just read your review and are delighted to hear that you had a really enjoyable stay here at the Hotel .

The Hotel team and I are really pleased that we could play a role in making your time here special.

It is really great to hear that you have moved to town since, I do hope that our amazing city has lived upto your expectations.

Should you be around the area please pop in and ask for me, it would be nice to meet you and say hello.

Do not hesitate to visit our web-site to look our best offers and promotions or to plan your next visit here

see u soon

Roberto Fele - Hotel Manager - As Hotel Limbaite Fiera
Tehran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

It take around 30 minute from Limbiate to Cadorna station in Milan, but hotel offers a free shuttle bus to/from hotel from/to train station.
The hotel itself is good but now I can confirm the other review I had read before the check in "the hotel is middle of no where" .

The only place I find to go is the Carrefour shopping center which you can find some good italian food. I tried the hotel restaurant once but I didn't enjoy the food offered.

At the check in since the it was in the exhibition period the hotel was fully booked and reception girl gave me a room in the subsidiary motel which was near the main building. The room was a little bit old and smelled cigar ( although the room had jacuzzi) , I complained and insisted for a room in the main building.

The room in main building was OK, big enough ,good internet connection, modern (mini bar is paid), but the slippers was terrible!!

Breakfast was good with variety of choices and no complain about the restaurant staff.

I can not say the staff in reception is the best but the driver of shuttle bus is really a good guy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear our Tripadvisor,

Thank you very much for your recent review posted on Trip Advisor following your stay at the As Hotel Limbiate fiera!

I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay and that you liked the Hotel and the facilities we provide even if we're not located in the down town. As you wrote, we provide a free shuttle service from/to the train station of the city to let our guests reach Milano, Como Lake, the airports, and all the other beauties of our country.

It is always a pleasure to receive such complimentary feedback and I have shared your comments with the whole crew here at the Hotel.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you will visit again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back to Milano!

Kindest

Roberto Fele - Hotel Manager - As Hotel Limbiate Fiera
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

Very nice modern hotel with large quiet rooms. It was about 1/2 hour from Malpensa Airport but well worth the drive. Great hotel if you have a car. The Restaurant and bar are also excellent. Great value for Milan,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank noscire
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Tripadvisor,

thank u for posting your kind reference.

We're flattered to hear that you had such a positive experience despite the tiny distance from Milano ... in fact we're located right halfway from Como Lakes and Milano and in a convenient position to reach all the airports (Malpensa, Linate, and BergamoOrioAlSerio)

We Hope that you will soon come visit us once again, and suggest you to give the new and comfortable suite with jacuzzi a try, may be with a tasty room-served dinner made of the best italian-quality products.

Should you wish to come back to Milano, do not hesitate to book your stay through our web site.

kindest,

Roberto Fele - Hotel Manager - As Hotel Limbiate Fiera
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limbiate
AS Hotel Dei Giovi
#5 of 8 in Monza
Hotel de la Ville
Hotel de la Ville
#1 of 8 in Monza

Been to AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera? Share your experiences!