“Good service but too far from city”

AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Limbiate
Singapore, Singapore
“Good service but too far from city”
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

The staff at the hotel provides very good service and were really helpful & friendly( really appreciate it). However, the location was really a huge turn off for travellers to Milan (not suitable for tourists I feel). To travel to the city, you will need to take the hotel shuttle service to the nearest train station (around 5mins and you will need to ask the receptionist to arrange) follow by a 30mins train ride ( 2.4€ for one way and the train comes every 30mins).
Heading back to hotel is worse, for all the 3 nights I took the train, either the train was cancelled or delayed by around 30mins. When we reach the station near the hotel, we will need to call them again to pick us up (there is no pre defined hotel shuttle service and it ends at around 1030pm).
Overall, the felt that I have wasted a lot of time travelling between the hotel and city.

• Stayed December 2012
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Dear Tripadvisor,

we thank you much for taking the time to post your comment on this travel network and we are glad to hear that you found our crew nice and helpful.

We know that we are located aprox 15 minutes driving from the Downtown or 30 minutes by train. We do provide a shuttle service from/to the station to get the Downtown: it takes around 30 minutes and it runs each 20 minutes.

The hotel is located in Limbiate, so it's easy to reach Como and the lakes, Monza and the Autodromo-Racetrack and Milano as well.

Thanks once again for staying here at the As Hotel Limbiate Fiera and should you wish to book again this hotel, visit our ewebsite, full of deals and promotions to always find the best price.

Best Regards and Best Wishes

see u soon

Roberto Fele - Hotel Manager -As Hotel Limbiate Fiera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I just wanted to write something here as well, i travel worldwide and almost live in hotels and i can only say that sofar this hotel comes up between my very best experiences worldwide.
I really look at personality and flexibility is something i need in my job daily and this hotel is absolutley prepared to take care of all ...and also in a very flexible and friendly way...e.g.i left my laundry with the recpetion int he afternoon and already during the evening it was delevered to my room.
The room itself was also above the regular standards...very clean, very calm and very tasteful and practical furnished...good lightening and highspeed internet...so for sure business people will be impressed and happy with this.
The restaurant i visited every day..which is a sign that both food and staff were very good as i mostly visit restaurants in hotel only once in a case of need or lack of time to go out elsewhere...i was surprised by the food and service and in total i stayed 2 weeks at this location.
I even tried their limo service which was also very flexible, and reliable and a very friendly driver.

So in short...a perfect hotel about 30 min away from the center of Milano with a very experienced and friendly staff, very nice and clean rooms and for sure very fair priced.

For me this Hotel stays on my list to use whenever i am in the Milan Area.

Barbara Devil ( Int. Glamour Model)
C.E.O. Barbara Devil Prod. Inc.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Tripadvisor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here @ As Hotel Limbiate Fiera.

Should you wish to come back to Milano, please book through our websites where you can always find lots of new deals and promotions.

See you soon,

Best Regards,

Roberto Fele - Hotel Manager - As Hotel Limbiate Fiera
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I was there for 2 night and must say it really good hotel. Amazing room with typical Italian design. Hidden TV within the mirror was really interesting.
The breakfast was excellent. Good choice of cheese.
I hope I will come back again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear Kind Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the As Hotel LImbiate Fiera. I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon and I do hope that you become one of our best regulars.

Should you wish to come back and visit Milano again, book through our web site, always full of news deals and promotions.

Best Regards,

Roberto Fele - hotel manager- As Hotel Limbiate Fiera
China
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I come to Milan to attend an exhibition in the fieramilano. I was in a group and a tourism agent arranged the hotel and transportation for me. So maybe the agent choose the cheapest rooms for the whole group, and there were no free bottled water, no coffee maker, no sofa, even no cups. We only got some plastic cups after we required.

The hotel was modern and clean like other ones mentioned. But I want to write something not good enough.

1. The bed in twin room was too narrow, maybe 110 cm in width.

2. There was only 1 phone near the bed. No phone in the bathroom and the working table.

3. Bad internet connection. You should keep on logging again and again.

4. The bell didn’t work. Maybe a good system I can not understand, but somebody knocked the door, I hear nothing in the room.

5. What’s worst? It was November in Milan, I ware feather garment, but when I entered the room I felt so hot, even I turned the temperature of the air condition under 10, it was still very hot. I checked and checked, finally I found the air condition did not work. The front desk told me it was not winter in Milan, so the central system let the air condition in the rooms not work in the rooms. What a terrible thing! Out of my window is the highway, so I can not open the window to let some fresh air in. I slept for the whole night without air fresh air. I wear feather garment outside, but in my room, I dressed shorts. When I sleep, I had nothing to cover me, because it is so hot. And there was no fresh air for a whole night.

I stayed in the hotel after my visit in Sao Paolo. It was summer in Sao Paolo, but I found the hotel was hotter than Sao Paolo.

If the air condition worked, I would think it is a good hotel. But what a terrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't choose the rooms next to the highway. 40 minutes to fieremilano by car
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Good Morning,

thank you for visiting our As Hotel Limbiate Fiera and thans for posting your review on this travel network.

I am so sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us.

I would like to be able to discuss your experience with you directly. I would appreciate it if you would please contact me directly via email direzionelimbiate@ashotels.it

In the meantime, i would like to clear some aspects of As Hotel Limbiate.

it's true when you say that we have one telephone in the room; in the bathroom we provide a normal ring for emergency, but no any phone. It's unusual, here in Italy, to find a phone in the toilet.
We had some internet problems due to technical problems of the city-area and now is all Ok. We informed all our guests with a paper at the reception.

We would like to inform you that, in winter or in autumn, in Italy, the air condition is normally off and to refresh the rooms, we need to open the winodow or the door. I'm sorry.

Waiting for your reply by e-mail,

Best Regards, and thanks again.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I personally think this hotel should be a 5star hotel. Amazing rooms, great designs and interior. Hidden lcd tv within the mirror was great. Free shuttle van from masciago train station to and from the hotel. My only concern is that they do not provide iron so please make sure you get all you clothes ironed before you go. Their internet in extremely as mentioned most customer on here and disconnects less than every minute. And lastly their restaurant that provide that much variety of food. Its very limited but apart from that everything is A*star.

Room Tip: Some of their rooms are on top of their nightclub/ function room and can be noisy and disturbing thr...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank WorldExplorer1955
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
We're flattered to hear that you had such a positive experience!

We are glad that you consider our hotel as a 5-star hotel: the style and the quality is original and AS, absolutely special!

We Hope that you will soon come visit us once again, and suggest you to give the new and comfortable suite with jacuzzi a try, may be with a tasty room-served dinner made of the best italian-quality products.

Should you wish to come back to Milano, do not hesitate to book your stay through our web site.

Best Regards
Roberto Fele - Hotel Manager - As Hotel Limbiate Fiera
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 October 2012

First the very good. I arrived on a Saturday at 0830 from the USA. Check in is 1200. Even tough it was 0230 my time the Front desk did their absolute best and found me a clean, fresh room by 0850! Much earlier Than I anticipated! Outstanding service!

Also, I stay in hotels 200 nights per year, every, year and have done so for the past 30 plus years. Without question this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. No matter what time of day as I moved through the hotel I found someone from the staff cleaning something, either the lobby, common areas, restaurant, lounge, etc. My room was spotless and fresh smelling for the seven days I stayed there. Superb!

Now for the bad. Worst Internet ever. In seven days I had to reconnect to the Internet over 200 times and I see as I write this review it has disconnected again. Hey, this is 2012. Get your act together! There is no excuse for Internet service this poor. It doesn't matter whether I am connected via an iPad, iPhone or PC. It stinks here, in the rooms and in the restaurant and lobby.

Breakfast is excellent but would it hurt to have the waitress smile at least once per week? She seems so depressed!

Also, being American I like my room temperature closer to 17 degrees not 24. Every morning I awoke drenched in sweat. This hotel is way to warm for me!

Corso Como 52 is five star and reviewed separately. You must try the restaurant even if you do not stay here.

This hotel is near a corporate office that I will visit again in the future so it is convenient. I look forward to staying here in the cooler months but not in the hotter ones. Hope they can resolve the Internet access issues.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for your positive review following your stay with us; it really is appreciated.

thanks to your complaint, we've fixed all the problems with the wi-fi in all the areas, and all the losing-signals matters are now over.

Glad to hear that you were delighted with everything and I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again on a future trip to Milan.

kindest regards

Roberto Fele
Αίγιο, Ελλάδα
Reviewed 27 September 2012

It is a very modern hotel with a nice decoration and big rooms. Both of our rooms had tow beds plus a sofa, so we had the space to host our friends from the next room and use the sofa as a sitting area.This is the reason we will book again in this hotel for our next trip. The breakfast was nice and the staff very friendly. We had a car, so the location was not problem for us. We are waiting to go back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sofa
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Panagiotis-T71
roberto f, Direttore at AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Tripadvisor,

we're grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write this pleasant review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

By all our crew: THANKS

kind regards,

Roberto Fele - Hotel Manager - As Hotel LImbiate Fiera -
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limbiate
AS Hotel Dei Giovi
#1 of 1 in Cavenago di Brianza
Hotel Pioppeto Saronno
Hotel Pioppeto Saronno
#2 of 6 in Saronno

Been to AS Hotel Limbiate Fiera? Share your experiences!