“Very Pleasant Quirky Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Veronika Hotel

Veronika Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tiszaujvaros
Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant Quirky Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights with colleagues on business.
The first point to note is the extremely eye catching, colourful exterior design which makes the hotel stand aside from most of the surrounding bleak architecture. There was never an issue with parking which is also a bonus.
The rooms as well are very cheerful with an extremely comfortable bed and a fantastic bathroom with an overhead shower. It has to be said I had a great sleep the two nights I was there,
There were only two minor issues with my room, firstly the curtains were quite thin so light was able to penetrate through from the car park all night, whilst it didn't really affect me as I usually can sleep well I'd imagine it may be an issue for some people. Secondly, the TV in the room was more the size of an average widescreen computer monitor and really is no - where near big enough, however again this did not affect me as I did not have any time while I was there to watch TV.
We ate in the restaurant on our first night and the food was very good quality, and the menu I thought was reasonably priced. The breakfast in the morning was the usual continental range with some cooked extras (eggs, pancakes etc), whilst it was nothing special, was more than adequate.
Unfortunately I did not get the opportunity to try the pool or the wellness centre, although they looked extremely tempting.
Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel and will stay again if I return to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Duststorm

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed here on a business trip and all in all very pleased with the hotel. The room was nice, great bathroom. All very clean and well fitted. Breakfast was ok - nothing very special. I didn't eat in the restaurant but the staff were very friendly and attentive when serving drinks; they remembered what I drank on the second night; always a nice touch. Reception staff were friendly also and check in and check out was very efficient. I didn't use the pool - too close to reception for my liking. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were attending a meeting in Tiszadob and as there are no hotels there we were recommended a couple in Tiszaujvaros, we chose the right one! Partners who stayed in the other hotel were not impressed. The hotel is modern and the reception staff are friendly. Breakfast was good with many choices. Rooms were a decent size and the bathroom was lovely, A few colleagues did go in the pool etc and loved it although they did say the pool was a bit cold but as it was 35 degrees when we were there I didn't think a cold pool was a problem. The hotel was very clean and of a good standard in lovely green surroundings but the down side it the amount of mosquitos, so many. too many! The bar unfortunatly closed early so after we had eaten at the local restaurant down the road (which I have to say was great, come out of the hotel, turn left and follow the road round to the left, walk down the road and there is the restaurant, can't remember the name but excellent value for money and great food) there was no where to have a drink. We did stay in the hotel one evening and had theur BBQ which was very nice. I would without doubt recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I was in number 7 on ground floor maybe one above would have better views but for me it didn't m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Well, I had to travel to Tiszaujvaros for business, and I'm glad I choose the Veronika Hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly, and helpful; they spoke English well,

The room itself was nice, I found the bed to be very comfortable, I slept well for the 4 nights that I stayed here. The restaurant was nice, the food was very good. We had quite a few people for our dinner group, so it took awhile, but that is to be expected. Breakfast was included in my rate, which was great. There is a small gym with a few cardio machines, and a few free weights, so I was able to work out during the week. There was also a swimming pool, which looked very nice, but it was just told cold in March in Hungary for me to think about swimming (I live in Florida). Most of the television stations were in Hungarian, so I spent more time on the internet, which the hotel offered free wifi in the room.

Overall, really good experience at Veronika Hotel, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Veronika hotel has professional staff, clean rooms with good-working wifi, and a very decent restaurant. Price might be on high side for Hungarian standards, but price/quality is good. Hotel has plenty of parking space. Did not have the opportunity to test the nice looking wellness.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiszaujvaros
Hotel Kolibri
Andrassy Residence Wine & Spa
Hunguest Hotel Palota
Hunguest Hotel Palota
#1 of 1 in Lillafured

Been to Veronika Hotel? Share your experiences!