“Charming and homely”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Enter Apartment
Garden
Garden
Address
on the red dot is situated the property.
Sorrento peninsula
Meta beach night
Meta beach night
Meta beach
Meta Beach
Enter Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ellen D
London, United Kingdom
“Charming and homely”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Charming and homely, I would highly recommend the Dolce Meta apartments. The apartment was equipped with all the necessary facilities including cooking utensils, towels and the use of a shared washing machine. It comfortably slept four (although the sofa bed could do with updating) and was refreshingly cool during the day and night, meaning the air conditioning was not needed. The ample outdoor space including a garden not only provided the opportunity to sit out in the evening, but the layout, with the apartments surrounding a central court yard, felt safe and secure. The central location meant that amenities, as well as Meta beach, were accessible and with the train station a five minute walk away, travelling to Sorrento and Naples was easy and inexpensive with a reliable train service which cost a couple of euros for a return ticket. The friendly owner made us feel very welcome and was willing to help with any queries. The only downside was the lack of hot water, and although road noise was minimal, being so close to the other apartments was noisy at times.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the safe and friendly atmosphere
Liked least: the lack of hot water
Travelling group: Friends

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Aug 2013
Many thank
primaik
New Milford, New Jersey
“Excellent Stay - More than we expected!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012 for a stay in January 2012
people found this review helpful

I would like to thank Ursula for all the help that she has offered us during the stay. She is wonderful and very helpful, and friendly. In addition, the apartment was clean and cozy with EVERYTHING you need at your fingertips. We had a wonderful time at the outside area drinking wine every night. The beaches that are next to the apartment are gorgeous and do not compare to the ones in Sorrento. We went to the Sorrento beach once and then immidiately got back to Dolce Meta beaches for their beauty and tranquility. The appartment is centrally located and is very close to the train and lots of buses. We were able to travel to all the island (Sorrento, Capri, Ischia) without any problems.
My husband and I highly recommend the Dolce Meta apartments and we will definitely be back to visit Ursula and enjoy the wonderful beaches and the neighborhood.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great Value for the Great Apartment and Location!
Liked least: Everything was absolutely delightful!
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 Jun 2012
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 3 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the apartment and its environment
Liked least: the wheather on the second week but it wasn't the fault of the owner of the property
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
7 Jun 2012

Families with young children
7 Jun 2012
Global59
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Noisy uncomfortable studio with untrustworthy owner.”
Reviewed 15 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

When we arrived Ursula was very friendly. The studio though has the train line going beneath it (she told us when we arrived)and the mezzanine floor, with the hardest mattress we have ever had, had a small window high up, level with the bed, so the traffic noise from the main road between Naples and Sorrento was very loud through the night but it is not apparent from downstairs.. She said the studio was "tranquillo" which it definately is not.and is on the end nearest the road. She said she thought we knew it was on the main road! We didn't realise the fridge and hob weren't plugged in until 3 days later which would account for the fact that there was black mould all inside it and we had to use matches for the hob which is next to the sink.So the place wasn't really clean or checked either. There is one small cupboard above the sink where all the crockery, kitchen ware etc is stacked up high and only 3 basket drawers elswhere. The cupboards under the sink have the bins and gas bottle in so very limited.The one wardrobe cupboard is a kitchen cupboard with one shelf stacked with towels so no room to unpack things.The shower room is next to the kitchen and has a small heater which runs out of hot water before the end of a quick shower for 1 person and then has to heat up again!

We decided to leave 2 days early and book new flights home as we had seen most things and it was uncomfortable. The bed settee to sit on was very soft and worn and has a throw over it which slips off all the time. The small tv has 3 English speaking news channels but that is all there is in English in spite of about 40 other channels. It was also freezing cold for a few days in spite of the weather because it never gets any sun. OK in the hot weather I assume.The whole place outside has no privacy to sit in and 1 large communal table in the courtyard. There is a door between the studios so you can hear people speaking in the next studio.There is a storage room just outside this studio where the children keep their toys and play in.There are other apartments there where Italian people live full time.so they also use the shared washing machine and the hairdryer is shared too.

An Aquascutum polo shirt of my husbands( his nicest one) was in the apartment but when we returned home to the UK we found it was missing. On contacting Ursula who owns the premises she said she is the only person with a key but couldn't find the shirt! Someone did go into our studio when we were out one day ( bathroom door was closed and we left it open)and on talking to Ursula she didn't off any explanation and it got lost in translation as she goes into limited English .Cleaning was at the end.Some other small thing went missing also which we didn't realise until we were home.

I told her I would be writing a review on TA warning people not to stay there and she replied offering us a free weekend so as not to lose our friendship!( Someone had written this for her as the English was perfect!) On reflection why would we want to stay somewhere where we cannot trust the owner? The place is value for money and convenient for the train but is not a comfortable place to stay. It has no other light coming into the studio other than in the door and above the door, like a cave. Clever photography though in the advert and you have to have the lights on all the time.All in all, very disappointing.This is the only place where we have had something stolen but I'm sure it does happen to others too and the description is not accurate and deceiving.

By the way, our daughter, Hannah Maxwell has written many reviews for you and you have just acknowledged this to her by way of offering her a gift. We hope you find this helpful and that others will steer clear of these apartments.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: 10 mins walk to train station.
Liked least: Noise and bed.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
23 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback I’m really sorry that you feel this way regarding the apartment. The mattress is brand new, this is probably why you felt that it was a little hard. The apartment is situated on the historical centre of Meta di Sorrento as described on the advert, I apologise if it was not clear enough.
Regarding your concerns about the fridge, as described in the welcome pack that you found on the table of the apartment , you will see that says you need to plug in the fridge and hob.

The apartment is exactly the same one that you can see on the advert. No cupboard more or less that the advertised.

As you are aware, the property is an apartment and I believe that is normal if there are other people using the apartments close by.

Regarding the loss of the T shirt, If you locked the door properly it’s impossible someone could have entered the apartment once you were away. As the property owner, I am the only person that has a spare key.

I offered to you a weekend as my guests to despite the unpleasant situation that you have losing your shirt. I do not recognise the name Hannah Maxwell that stayed at the property, this may have been a misunderstanding.

My apartment is cleaned by professional cleaners, under my supervision, and I always try to do my best to have my guests happy in my property. You requested a toaster which I provided for you. If you contacted me first to let me know that you ware not happy on the apartment, I would have helped you to find an accommodation that suited you better.
Regards
Ursula Buffolino
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked Meta as a place to stay.
Liked least: Going to Capri,crowded and costly.
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
23 May 2012
Ursula
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing