“shorttrip1721”

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“shorttrip1721”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wonderful hotel in a great location May 2014
When you arrive at the hotel the front is nothing to shout about and you wonder if you have made a mistake, but when you walk through the front door into the vast marble reception area you know straight away it is right,it is clean tidy well maintained and wonderfully decorated in Italian style. The staff are helpful, knowledgeable, fun and speak good english. Our room was exceptionally large, clean well kept with a four poster bed, large seating are with two large armchairs, a large balcony overlooking the sea (all rooms over look the sea), with deck chairs and a table and chairs. There is a very good choice of food for buffet breakfast, lunch and al a carte evening meal, the staff could not be more helpful. There is a fantastic selection of drinks both from the bar and at the restaurant, local as well as international with full waiter service to your table in the bar as well. They have their own private beach that is well kept and again full service from the staff for drinks and sunbeds, no-one put their towels out and saved a bed the manager saw to that. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to everyone and would certainly use it again.

Room Tip: All rooms over look the sea and have balconies but the superior rooms have the 4 poster beds and lar...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Hungarian first
Neath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Returned May 21st. Junior Suite, All Inclusive; Sea view room with Jacuzzi Pool. The room and hotel were kept immaculately clean, our 'maid' was excellent attending every day. The views over the sea and Capri from both our window and balcony were beautiful. The Buffet food at all times was extensive and plentiful, the 'al la carte' menu was limited in choice at times, waiting and bar staffl providing courtious attentive service at all times; branded drinks, cocktails, and selection of wines and splarkling wines were available at all times from 10am until midnight. Staff addressed any issues swiftly and politely. Two small issues in relation to the hotel; firstly its position is 5km from Sorrento, too far to walk and no local 'promenade' walks available; the bus shuttle service to/from is limited after teatime, also the local train station (Meta) is a good walk to/from the hotel. Secondly, the hotel advertises an indoor pool; this was actually a Spa Pool used with there additional Spa Treatments, and accessible only by paying an extra 15 euros a time! 'Private beach is stones and small, not suitable for children, although sun loungers were always available during our stay. Having attended the Thomas Cook's 'Reps Meeting' it was disapointing to be told that the buses were unreliable, and trains were full of pickpockets and both should be avoided! Rubbish! we used both frequently without any issues; it was commented by many this was greedy Reps trying to ensure you purchsed their expensive tours! However despite the two issues i would sincerely recomend this hotel for its cleanliness, views, polite coutious staff, and tranquility when we stayed, Well done Mar Hotel Alimuri, we wouldn't hesitate to stay again..

Room Tip: Sea view essential, sea views good from 2nd floor and above; if you can get a room with a jacuzzi p...
5 Thank welltravelledus
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel from 9 May for one week. Antonella, one of the Hotel Reception Staff greeted us all on our arrival - extremely friendly, courteous and polite. Antonella took the time to explain everything you need to know about the hotel and encouraged you to let the reception staff know of any problems you may have promptly so they can deal with them for you. Although I did not have any problems whatsoever. The other reviews are so true - nothing is too much trouble. All the staff go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay at the hotel. I was on an all inclusive package with Thomas Cook. The Restaurant Manager, Antonino was so polite and courteous and again nothing is too much trouble for the restaurant staff, and Danilo always greeted you with a big smile. The food is excellent and you need to have a good appetite as they serve lots of courses. The bar staff are the same, Christian, Valentino and Giuvano really look after everyone. As soon as your half way through your drink they are offering to get you something else, including bringing people special cocktails to try. To top it all when I went to the private beach to sunbathe and relax I was greeted by Franco asking if he could get me anything to drink - how fantastic. I have been on all inclusive deals before but never received service like this. But I must not forget the Spa staff - Columba and Giovana - they made me feel like royalty. Thanks to all the staff at the Alimuri for making my stay so special and for looking after me so well. Oh and I must not forget the housekeeping staff who made sure there were clean towels everyday and kept the room spotless. I will definitely return to this hotel again like many other guests do each year.

Room Tip: You must ask for a room with sea view - you will be so disappointed if you don't.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank angelyates59
Horley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

we stayed at the hotel in May from 9th May to the 16th May, the facilities are amazing and the staff are too, nothing is too much trouble. The hotel offers a fantastic selection of branded drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, cocktails or there or your choice, all staff are helpful, smiling and love to have a laugh with you. The staff that stand out are Giovanna on reception, juliano and valentino in the bar and francesco in the pool and beach area.

The food is amazing 5star and the care and presentation is amazing, just like the captain and the restaurant staff, nothing is any trouble.

I fell over at another resort and hurt my foot, it swelled up and was huge and the staff at the Alimuri kept bringing me ice packs and the ice kept coming, that and the kindness of the staff helped me to forget about my injury and enjoy the last few days of my holiday.

When I got home and went to A&E they discovered 4 fractures, soft tissue and ligament damage. am fully bandaged and have a robotic boot to wear.

We were at this hotel finalizing the details for our wedding reception and guests in September 2014

We are happy to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay there.

Amazing and puts others in the area to shame.

Can't wait to get back......................16 weeks to go whoooo

Neisha & Adrian

Room Tip: jacuzzi room suite-well worth the extra money
2 Thank staglinger
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel for our honeymoon, and I don't think we could have chosen better. The location was stunning - all rooms facing west over the Bay of Naples towards Vesuvius. I think everyone watched the sun set each night before going to dinner. The food was varied, well presented, appetising and more than plentiful. Roberto and his team were very attentive. When I fell ill for a couple of days Giovanna on reception had my medecine collected for me. The star of the week was Christian the bar manager "Bar service Christian" is like no other. He gave the place its party atmosphere. We would definitely go back to Sorrento and Christian is why we would go back to this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ewen M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have just returned from 10 days staying at the Alimuri hotel in Meta, having gone away on a family holiday for my Dad's 70th birthday.

The experience had by all 4 of us (two 30 something yr olds and parents around the 70 mark) was excellent, and the whole trip was greatly improved by the excellent service we enjoyed at the Alimuri. The room i shared with my brother was extremely spacious, with a great view over the ocean (and a sunset every day), and the facilities were all clean and of good quality.

We were on a fully inclusive package and the food we enjoyed was amazing (i think we all put on half a stone in weight) and the bar staff were incredibly friendly and helpful in all they did.

The thing though that I think I would say ranks highest on our list of positives were the restaurant staff. They were incredibly friendly, excellent communicators given our embarassingly mono-lingual upbringing, and were so helpful when it came to everything we needed, often before we asked for it.

Staff wise, the only thing that was slightly less than excellent were the reception staff. On a couple of occasions I needed some help with directions (i had booked a cooking course at the Sorrento Cooking School in nearby St Agnello) and they wern't very helpful on that occasion.

Other than that, all positive. The hourly shuttle bus into Sorrento town centre is extremely useful, puntual and clean, as it's way to far (and probably quite dangerous given the local roads and traffic), though it's possible to get a train (about 15 minutes walk up a hill) or a local bus into the town when needed, or just if you want a change.

Overall, a really good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JMortimore
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just got back from the Alimuri hotel in Sorrento and had a brilliant time. The staff are wonderful and all looked after us very well. Special thanks go to Giovanna in reception, Roberto in the restaurant and Christian in the bar. Had many a good night in the bar with live entertainment!!! Met some lovely people who made our trip a memorable one.

Although outside of Sorrento the train staion in Meta is only a 15 minute walk and the trains and buses are very easy to use. Even did the Almalfi Coast by public bus. May is a good time to go as I imagine places like Pompei and Herculanium would be chaotic in high season.

Thoroughly enjoyed this friendly hotel and would go back again.

5 Thank Jayne A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meta
Tui Sensimar Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro
Tui Sensimar Grand Hotel Nastro ...
#1 of 12 in Piano di Sorrento
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,234 reviews
Bellevue Syrene
Bellevue Syrene
#3 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Mar Hotel Alimuri? Share your experiences!