Mar Hotel Alimuri
US$99
  • Pool
US$144
  • Pool
Hotel Albatros(Piano di Sorrento)
US$352
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Fiori d'Arancio(Piano di Sorrento)
US$124
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
La Ripetta(Piano di Sorrento)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,106 results
All reviewsshuttle busbar staffsea viewlunch and dinnerice creamwaiter servicefantastic hotela la carteplenty of choicethomas cookprivate beachcouldn't do enoughspecial mentionevening entertainmentwaiting staffall inclusive hotela wonderful holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here first week in June. Cannot fault a thing. My husband wasn't looking forward to it but since returning home he has already booked for us to return July 2015. Every single team member at this hotel was amazing. We have been to many 5* hotels all over the world but have never experienced service like this. I won't mention any staff names who we thought deserved a mention as every single person gave 5* service. I emailed the manager on our return to thank him for a wonderful holiday. Within hours he had mailed me back with a promise that we can have the same room next year. That's service for you!! The place is spotless. Our room was lovely. We left the patios doors open at night and fell asleep to the sound of the waves hitting the shore!! We have fell in love with the hotel and cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 528 with the most amazing views. To be honest all rooms looked good.
4  Thank fudge1463
Reviewed 24 June 2014

After being spoilt at the Nastro Azzuro for the last two years, we decided to give the Alimuri a try this year, as the Nastro had become too expensive.

Overall, the Alimuri is a very good hotel and good value for money. The problem is, you can't help comparing both hotels (see my other reviews).

Ok, so we spent the first two weeks in June 2014 at the Alimuri;

Food - the food is great, much better than I expected and comparable with the Nastro. I have never seen so many cakes and pastries on display at breakfast! Lunch is served by the pool and there is always a great choice of hot and cold food. Dinner is waiter service and most nights we ate outside with the bay of Naples as a back drop, brilliant.

Drinks - again, good selection and good quality. Unlike the Nastro there were four different red wines on offer and we quickly found our favourite. The spirits are a bit hit and miss. The grand mariner and remy were genuine but I had a glass of of chivas regal and there is no way I was drinking scotch! On the whole, we were very pleased with the selection and quality of the drinks.

Room - we booked this hotel last July and the only room left was a junior suite which was fabulous, but not really worth the additional sum we paid for it.

Beach - yes it's rocky. My advice is to buy pool shoes with rubber or silicone soles that you can wear in the sea. The pebbles get very hot during the day, so these shoes are a must. I have to say having the beach was brilliant, but it did get busy during the day when the locals all hit the beach and decided our part of the beach was the place to be. Well, it is their country after all! One criticism is there is no outside lav. If you are on the beach and need the loo, you need to to climb the stairs to the hotel pool area, then go into the hotel, walk downstairs, and walk down the corridor to use a toilet, which wasn't a hugh issue, but the Nastro has a toilet next to the pool.

Staff - a huge thank you to the two Franco's down by the beach who worked their socks off looking after us with drinks and ice creams. They really are a credit to the hotel. Also a big thank you to the bar staff, in particular Valentino, we had some great sport with him, and banter before and after the England Italy game. The bar manager Christian is a odd ball. It was really good of him to stop behind and show the England Italy game which kicked off at midnight local time, but I just found him really grumpy, maybe it's a language thing. Plenty of reviewers thought he was great so maybe it was just our group. All in all, I felt the Nastro was a much friendlier place. Again maybe it's a language thing, as the Nastro is adult only and appears to be full of Brits so the staff only have to deal with English speaking people. I am not saying the staff at the Alimuri are not friendly, far from it, but generally speaking the Nastro staff seemed to go the extra mile.

Location - both the Alimuri and the Nastro are connected to Sorrento via shuttle bus which works well. I love the fact the Alimuri is located on the beach. There were days last year when the Nastro was shrouded in mist because it's located in the hills. We didn't have that problem down on the beach.

Communication - this is something that needs to be improved. Normally when you check into a hotel you have an A4 folder with useful info. Not at the Alimuri you don't! In fact information isn't volunteered, you have to ask for it, for example, instead of maps of the local area being left on reception, you have to ask for one. Instead of our departure info being left in our room, you have to go to reception to ask for it! The wi-fi went down four days before we left. No one told us and I only found out when I went to reception to make enquiries and then was told it wasn't working and when I pressed for further info was given the impression that I was being a bit of a nuisance.

In all, this is a really good hotel and a beautiful part of the world, so if you have not been, please try it out. After three years in Italy, it's made me realise there are other parts of the world I need to check out.

2  Thank Jamus24
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a lovely week at the Alimuri. The staff really look after you, especially Frank on the beach, keeping us well supplied with refreshing drinks and ice cream and Valentino who works tirelessly with a constant smile.
We would definately recommend this hotel, there are very few with a private beach and although shingley we spent most days here.
Hope to have a return visit in the future

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Dicko123
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Fantastic views ..... All staff were friendly and helpful and worked hard ..... We had a lovely room with a lovely sea view..... Food was good and you could pick from a menu for dinner ..... Reception was also very helpful you could not fault this hotel .... We had a lovely stay here and would defiantly recommend

1  Thank glyn1962
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is fantastic! The staff are excellent and the food is wonderful it is certainly one of the best hotels I have stayed in everyone works very hard to make sure you have a perfect holiday. When we went out for the day and missed the curtesy shuttle bus a staff member came out in their car to pick us up. I highly recommend this hotel for staying in the almalfi area

• Stayed: June 2014