“Overall very good”
Review of Mar Hotel Alimuri

Mar Hotel Alimuri
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Meta
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The view were fantastic and my children loved being able to swim in the Mediterranean. I thought the food was excellent and particularly the lunch. I also thought the two main waiters were excellent, like the other reviewer I found Christian a little unusual. I am not really a drinker, so I found it quite difficult to get a tea/coffee in the evening, or a hot chocolate for the children. You could get them, but the priority seemed to be towards serving alcohol. In the day they have a tea facility set up, it would be ideal if that could be available in the evening.

With regards to the shuttle, I found it quite restrictive re. times. I would rather they just ran the shuttle and sent another one back if there were too many people. I did think the drivers were very accommodating at dropping you off at the station etc.. I know they probably have a siesta but the lack of service between 1 and 3 also made it quite restrictive.

I thought the hotel itself was lovely and the maid service was excellent. I just think there are just a few things that could improve it tremendously. I was very cheered by earlier reports that there wasn't any pool chair hogging, but I definitely saw this and it is quite annoying when you can't get a decent chair because people have popped a towel there at 7 am and don't come back until the afternoon. I refused to resort to this. It would also be useful to have some general hotel info. in the room, I got all my info. from this site, so well done trip advisor.

Room Tip: Again try and avoid being above the bar if you want a quiet holiday.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank TCShrops

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had an excellent two week stay at alimuri that came to an end today. All aspects of the hotel were fantastic. The staff were incredibly helpful and catered to our every need. I'd like to make special thanks to cristian the head bar man and Valantino the waiter inside the bar for making the experience here even more special, without them I would not have had so much fun. They were extremely friendly, joyful and attentive to all our needs. The food here was also without fault, with much variety for all to enjoy. I would definitely return and recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Gabby M
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went with two friends and we all loved this hotel. Good selection of food at meal times. I really liked that the evening meal was from a choice on a menu which made it feel more like a proper restaurant and less like the buffet style all inclusives you usually get. The only trouble we had with the evening meal was choosing what to have!
The staff were all very friendly. The service by the pool was excellent and the pool attendant remembered what we had to drink and would bring you another without even asking.
The shuttle bus was free into Sorrento, just needed to book it but we didn't find this a problem.
We chose this hotel as it had its own beach and this was a definite bonus, especially as Sorrento isn't really a beach resort. We also had a treatment each in the spa at the hotel which was a lovely added extra!
My top tip for guests staying at this hotel would be to go into Sorrento and get the train to Pompeii. It is significantly cheaper than any organised tours. I think the ticket cost us about €4 each and we spent all day there. Just remember to get off at Pompeii Scavi which stops right outside the entrance to the ruins.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank emmiej46
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had the most fabulous honeymoon here. We arrived at the hotel at approx 10:30 in the evening, got booked in very quickly and we were taken to the restaurant which had stayed open for the late arrivals. We arrived in our hotel room and there was a bottle of prosecco in a cooler and little biscuits/sweets, which was a lovely surprise. The room was beautiful, but we were disappointed to find no view, even though we had booked sea view room. This was rectified for us the next day by Giovanni , the manager. From this little hiccup, all we can say is how fabulous all the staff here were. Antonino, the restaurant manager, always impeccable, Christian, the bar manager, busy making cocktails and serving drinks, always served up a wonderful surprise drink when we couldnt decide what to have, just excellent when there is so much on offer, all premium brands served from 10:00 am to 12:00 midnight, so bravo Christian! The young men on pool and beach duty were a joy, you didn't need to move from your sunbed to receive drinks and ice cream. Plenty of choice for breakfast and lunch, for us the evening meal was good, starter and second course (pasta) great, but fell a little short on the main meal, but seeing as there are plenty of courses, we should maybe have asked for the pasta course to be our main. The hotel itself is stunning inside, and the view across the bay wonderful, the sunsets are particularly special (make sure you take a camera to dinner). The courtesy bus was great, we used it most days and it was never a problem if we wanted to come back on a different timed bus. The evening entertainment could have been more varied, two caberet style singers that alternated, both of which had a limited repertoire, so after the fourth night, it became quite staid. This said nothing can take away the wonderful time we had here, everyone was so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We also visited the Spa and what a beautiful relaxing place and Joanna the therapist was so lovely, book yourself in for a treatment, you wont be sorry. Once again, thank you to all the team at the Alimuri, it will always hold a special place in our hearts, cannot wait to return!!!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth paying the extra for
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We are just coming to the end of our two week holiday here and I can honestly say it's been absolutely amazing. The service from all the employees is first class. Franco the beach assistant comes around with drinks without asking and they even bring them to the beach along with ice-cream. Christian, the Bar Manager is such a hard worker and works long hours giving you the best selection of drinks you could ever wish for. He has been amazing with all our party meeting our every need and request. When he takes a rare few hours off, the bar feels flat. All the staff have been amazing, attentive and welcoming. The food is great and the hotel position is stunning. Will definitely be returning here and are thinking of having our wedding here in 2 years time.

Chris, Steve, Kira and Gabby

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Myself and my partner had a week here beginning on July 14th, our first visit to Italy and after reading reviews on here were really looking forward to the hotel.

Positives - amazing views, high standard of cleanliness, outstanding food, lifeguards, reception staff, branded alcoholic drinks. Also due to the location of the hotel in the evenings, you do tend to stay at the hotel, but we got to meet more fellow holiday makers.

Negatives - having to pre-book the shuttle bus so you had to plan exactly what time you would be returning. Christian the bar manager was very odd - one minute ignorant and the next very friendly. Poor entertainment. Also they have now stopped the gala evenings, although we were not informed of this.

Finally and of no reflection to the hotel but the Thomson rep is very very rude and unhelpful, for the limited amount of time she is actually at the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cherylwill
Reviewed 25 July 2014

had 10 lovely days early July, beautifully located in the bay, had a high floor room with excellent views. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I am surprised that no body has mentioned the spa (beauty farm) on floor 0 - it is well worth a visit, treat yourself to a treatment with the two lovely sisters.

Room Tip: 516 - has lovely views but no balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pat h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meta
Tui Sensimar Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro
Tui Sensimar Grand Hotel Nastro ...
#1 of 12 in Piano di Sorrento
#7 of 19 in Sant'Agnello
Hotel Belair
Hotel Belair
#25 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Mar Hotel Alimuri? Share your experiences!