Mar Hotel Alimuri
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mega Mare(Vico Equense)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Hotel Torre Barbara(Vico Equense)
View Hotel
Hotel Albatros(Piano di Sorrento)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Soleluna(Piano di Sorrento)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,106 results
All reviewsshuttle busbar staffsea viewlunch and dinnerice creamwaiter servicefantastic hotela la carteplenty of choicethomas cookprivate beachcouldn't do enoughspecial mentionevening entertainmentwaiting staffall inclusive hotela wonderful holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from the best holiday of my life. A fantastic fortnight was spent at the very picturesque Hotel Alimuri with 20+ friends and family in the idilic town of Meta for my Brother in Laws wedding. I was genuinely amazed by the level of service by all the staff, the quality and variety of the food and the cleanliness of the hotel. The location of the hotel is a little distant from local amenities but the hotel runs a free bus service which we took advantage of quite often, visiting beautiful Sorrento. The sunset and sea views of Naples, Ischia and Sorrento from the hotel were breathtaking. I immersed myself in early morning strolls, watching this little community come to life along the seafront, as a keen photographer there were plenty of subjects and views to shoot.
We were given a warm welcome from the first day by everyone. The hotels decor is stunning. The spa is heavenly with great facilities. My only concerns were the amount of time spent waiting for an elevator up to the 6th floor when the hotel was busy and "Casanova Christian" the bar manager, as friendly and harmless as he is, myself and other female members of our party were made to feel a little uncomfortable at times. The other bar staff Valentino and Rossi...amazing!! Always helpful, always smiling! The restaurant, pool, spa staff and maids, again...I can't fault. A special mention for the two Francescos (lifeguards/bar men) whom were very attentive, hard working, fun and good humoured, which really made the holiday special. Amazing! :-). I highly recommend this hotel and hopefully we will return again soon.

Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank Loll500
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Overall, the hotel was brilliant. The setting was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't stop looking at the view. I am somebody who loves to do some sketching, and so I highly recommend this hotel to anybody who loves to draw, as I couldn't get enough of it. Also, the hotel is only a very short journey away from the centre of Sorrento to explore, with a very useful and easy shuttle bus. It means you get the best of relaxation in the day and the great local night life.

All of the staff were really nice and very helpful. Special mentions goes to Valentino and Franco as they were always there to help and give us drinks :) They were the most fluent in English in the whole hotel, and I felt embarrassed that I knew so little Italian. It has inspired me to learn. I'm sorry that I didn't get everybody's name... as a lot of the staff work incredibly hard and do deserve a mention, in all parts of the hotel! Roberto was also lovely. Christian was also very friendly and helpful, but sometimes a bit too intense.

I loved every second of my holiday here, but there is just one small thing... there is more music than The Beatles. I have heard 'Yellow Submarine' enough times to last me a lifetime!

Seriously though, it is a great hotel. Personally, I think you should ignore any horrid reviews. I think they must be lying.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 92eff
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 1 week holiday at the Alimuri hotel. I would like to say that the location of the hotel is excellent, it suited us having both a beach and a pool and to be out of Sorrento city centre which is beautiful but can be busy. This hotel provided a peaceful haven to return to. The furnishings around the hotel are traditional, very ornate and typically Italian but beautiful and tasteful. We had a lovely room, with sea view and air con which worked well. The views from the room were amazing and you could go to sleep listening to the waves gently crashing onto the beach every night, bliss.

All of the staff at the hotel from the cleaning and housekeeping staff, reception, bar and restaurant staff to the mini bus drivers and pool lifeguards were all fantastic and couldn't do enough to help you. Well done to everyone but a special mention goes to Franco and his mate, they always made sure we had plenty of drinks, both ice cold bottles of water and beers if required whilst sunbathing on our sun beds on the beach and ice cream in the afternoons. They were always on the ball, attentive and to hand within a second if you needed assistance with adjusting sun beds or umbrellas. Most importantly they were very friendly with everyone. They really gave this hotel that additionality.

Reception staff were always very helpful, polite and well organised. We caught the mini bus into Sorrento (20 min journey) a number of times which was an excellent service running hourly each day with the last return at 11.30 pm when the shops in the town shut. They were always prompt and always turned up and reliable.

The food and drink at the Alimuri was excellent, beautiful meals each day catering for all diets with good quality drinks and cocktails served in the bar and again nothing was too much trouble for the very friendly staff.

One small point we did notice there was no entertainment for children here however the brochures are clear about the hotel's facilities and are not misleading in any way, there is a small private sand / pebbly beach and a small outdoor swimming pool which is normally sufficient for most families with the additional option of the free shuttle buses to Sorrento. I would suggest that perhaps on a couple of days of the week some entertainment could be provided in the early evening for young children just to give a good balance.

To conclude we absolutely loved our holiday here, the sunsets whilst sat on the terrace eating dinner with a bottle of Prosseco and limoncello every evening were fantastic, thanks to ALL staff who were extremely friendly to us and couldn't do enough to help us. I wouldn't hesitate in booking here again. We loved Sorrento and will definitely be returning to the Alimuri hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra for a beach view and listen to the waves whilst going to sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jan1509
Reviewed 9 August 2014

When my daughter (aged 32) and I decided to finally visit Italy, we chose Sorrento as our destination. The Mar Hotel Alimuri turned out to be an excellent choice.
While the hotel is not large, and lacks some of the amenities associated with others in popular resorts, there are many things in its favour. The rooms are quite large and beautifully laid out, offering a large balcony with sea views, and the air conditioning makes the room a welcome haven after the heat of the day.
As a pair of vegetarians, we often find the holiday diet restricted and repetetive... not at the Alimuri! To be fair, we expected pizza and pasta, but the hotel offers a separate vegetarian menu at dinner, and we ate well every evening. There are plenty of choices to be had on the separate buffet with fresh salads in abundance. Breakfast and lunch tend to be a a little more repetetive for us herbivores, but there is a lot of choice if you are a meat-eater.
The staff at the hotel are mostly lovely! We only encountered one unhelpful person on Reception on our first night... but we never saw him again! Christian in the bar will have a go (not always successfully!) at most drinks and cocktails you can think of, and is a really nice guy. The waiters and waitresses are friendly and helpful ,but the gold star has to go to the Maitre d' who is always ready to have a joke... and admonish anyone who doesn't clear his plate!
The shuttle bus that runs regularly into Sorrento is a godsend, and the drivers are brilliant and grateful for a tip as you leave the bus.
As for the resort... there are a few little strolls available and you can find a tiny bar or two (if you want to!) but the main area is Sorrento. Here, you can shop, stroll, eat and drink and watch the world go by. It's also the place to head for the Water Taxi to Naples or Capri... but the walk to (and even more so, back from) the port...lots of steps and the roads wind steeply uphill with very little space for the pedestrian.
Trips worth taking are the Water Taxi to Naples... lots of cultural interest and plenty of shops, and the trips to Pompei and Vesuvius (wear comfortable trainers or similar).
Would we go again? Definitely! Would we use the same hotel? Of course!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms have a sea view, so they are all great. We were on the second floor and it was not noisy even with the pool area directly beneath.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Freaky1954
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Family of four I'm an asthmatic so need good air con in heats of 30+ I sent an email a week before I arrived.

Day of arrival food offered covered in flies, air con and electrics not working, after nearly 13 hours travelling spent the next 5 hours sat on bed watching maintenance men fix everything that should of been working before we arrived, was told by receptionist that we had to stay in our room until everything was sorted!!! So we couldn't change, or shower or go to the pool which was where everyone else was that we had arrived with, I wasn't happy, when they said it couldn't be fixed! At thus point I asked for either a flight home or another hotel!

Eventually it was fixed and working and we quickly showered and went for our evening meal, food was sub standard, we had a couple of drinks then went to bed as we were all very tired.

Wed 30th July our first real day went to book a seat on the shuttle bus only to be told well shouted at that we had to book 24 hours in advance, anyway the booked us on the 11 o'clock bus we then asked how to get to Herculaneum only to be told 'get on the train and ask' unbelievable!!!

This attitude went from bad to worse, we were shouted at for not getting a table before getting our food one lunchtime, we didn't know the RULES plus there were plenty of tables set up! I was actually called STUPID!! The staff continued to be rude as they were too busy affine over the large wedding party they completely ignored the smaller groups for drinks and food. They are supposed to come around the pool and on the beach offering drinks and refreshments in the 7 days we were there not once did they offer us drinks, they bypassed us and went straight to the larger parties, and when we asked for drinks they never brought them, so we went to the bar to get our own drinks, only to be told to go away they will bring drinks until in the end my husband insisted they serve us and we will take them ourselves.

The shuttle bus didn't turn up for us so we had to get a taxi which cost us 50 euros, when we walked through the doors into the hotel the receptionist shouted at us again 'why you get taxi shuttle bus come for you' I said calmly NO it didn't turn up! She then started to argue with me in Italian.

All in all, a really horrible experience, that took me a year to save up for, nearly £3,500 is a lot of money, for my family.

My first all inclusive and my last, not worth the money, no snacks on offer at anytime, so if you miss a meal you've had till the next meal time!

Rude staff, grubby room, air con not working, food not up to standard, hotel falling to bits, NOT 4* more like a 2* and that's being generous. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Room Tip: Just don't go! If you've already booked cancel it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Missy J
ilariag86, Direttore at Mar Hotel Alimuri, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Usually I thank you for the comments post on Tripadvisor but not in your case.
The only truth in your comment is that, unfortunately, after few minutes by your arrival the air conditioned (in one of the 2 rooms) was broken. Our maintenance has worked very hard for more than one hour to put everything in place.
I have witnessed that my reception staff was with you in the room for all the time to invite you and your family to go to the beach or to the pool in the meantime my maintenance staff was working to resolve the problem.
Everything else are only malice words that denigrates all the efforts and the passion that me and my staff dedicate to each of our guests.
Fortunately you are one of the few that think to have had a horrible experience with us, just read the other 365 positive comments.
Thank you for your attention and since you are in top form to give suggestions please let me give a suggestion to you, before to leave a negative comment think to all those who worked to resolve the problem and to all those who have been around of you to hint you as much as was sorry for the problem but especially to all those who have been around of you to enjoy your holiday.
For you all of us have failed in our mission. Thank you
Giovanni Spina